cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Excuse me, Mr. Trump

I think your right nothing really changes......

Humans have some basic faults that help us multiply and one of them is laziness if I can find a way to do it without so much work................................ and greed is fun as well.....

And we can all get the job done together if we all contribute as little as possible as a group .................. is easy to sell or trade for votes.

Perspective is always the gift of the well spoken.  We could use a Will Rogers who isn't in a political pocket. 

Today I took a break and watched an hour of the Ken Burns "Civil War" series.......... It was comical listening to all the names Lincoln was called contrasted with the news the last few days.

Political ambitions abound........ that doesn't seem to change....

0 Kudos
Advisor

SW, I shudder to compare Trump with Lincoln. Lincoln wanted the presidency and did not want a war. Trump really did not want the presidency, he loathed the responsibility, but is eager to go to nuclear war.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

What the what?  Liberals tell me "Donald Trump conspired with Russians to become president" and then say "Donald Trump really didn`t want to be president"????

image.png

0 Kudos
Advisor

What the what?  Who you calling a liberal?  Registered Republican here.  The story of Trump not wanting the presidency is not a secret.  It is well written among numerous sources.  Except Breitbart and InfoWars, perhaps.  Confusion is a figment of the imagination.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

You misrepresent me and ....

I did not seek to equate the two men.   As you so smoothly accuse me of.

I said that the names they were called were similar............

But  even Trumps problems are just "fake news" compared to Lincoln's issues.

It was ironic to here the same criticisms of appearance, speech, lack of wisdom, lack of qualifications, education, and appauling quotes... I had just heard this last week on the news.  I was laughing watching the account of the other ugly embarrassment to our nation..... The civil war.

Always good to remind ourselves of what we should remember,  and what we should ignore.  

the country isn't shaped by politics or newspapers, it is shaped by "characters" and ideas and actions taken.

Now typing I am listening to Bob Dole Speak recieving a Medal from Congress....... I've always enjoyed his wit..... Whether I liked his votes or not.

A measure of insanity has to be when a private citizen steps before the voters and offers to give his time in service.  Especially one that is not unemployed.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Being a "registered Republican" doesn`t  mean one can`t be a liberal, take this test: Did you ever vote for Obama?  Did you vote for Hillary? Do you support the ACA?  Do you use the acronym "ACA" instead of referring to it as "that damned Obamacare"?  If you answered "Yes" to any of those questions, you are a liberal.  Smiley Happy

Saying that "Donald Trump didn`t reeeeeally want to become president" is one of the many liberal trick talking points to diminish the president`s ability to govern. Trump spent $10`s of millions of his own money and all his valuable time and hard work...I mean why not just say "Michael Jordan didn`t reeeeeally want to be the best basketball player in the history of the game"?

Trump is a patriot, you don`t say the truth as he does without the knowledge it will harm you personally and professionally.  Just look at the fallout the truth as cost him thus far, liberals that 5 yrs ago would`ve stayed at Mar-Lago, worn a Trump tie, watched The Apprentise  show and would`ve taken a selfie with Mr Trump, now want nothing to do with him...the truth does that you know.  I saw on a Pizza Ranch napkin once "If you speak the truth, ride a fast horse" not much better advice will you ever read on a napkin.

If President Trump was a "publicity stunt gone too far" he would`ve gone namby-pamby and forgotten about keeping his campaign promises and turned into a vanilla HW Bush in the oval office.   He is going to leave the office much poorer than when he came in, probably flat broke at the age of 78, much like many of our country`s Founding Fathers.    No, what he has went through and will be going through (the liberals are going to make an example of him) he had to be damned dumb enough to want the job and guilty of loving this country more than it loves him in this day and age.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Any answer except that defined by you isn’t sufficient to pass the sniff test.  Do not presume who we are by your limited opinion.  If you cannot accept an opinion different from your own as valid, by right, you are not a patriot.  

0 Kudos
Advisor

In comparison, reading the narrative of our founding President, at one point, his allies encouraged him to hold onto power, with some advocating him to become President, for life.  He steadfastly refused, it was an abhorrent thing to even consider.

Contrast that with Trump.  He may not desire that, but he has spoken out repeatedly against the first amendment protection, as well as others.  If the opportunity arose, he likely would weaken the constitution to the point it would not recover, making it likely we might have someone who would seize the opportunity.  

A true patriot will protect the constitution at all costs, and not seek to destroy it or weaken its guarantees.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Well on my homepage it has all the latest news blurbs and the once respected Washington Post is among them, every story is negative Trump (really? They can`t print one positive story about the president?).  And that`s just one small example, there`s CNN, New York Times, Salon, Huff-Po all seditiously trying to take this country down, didn`t hear "Boo" from them during the previous administration as far as negativity.  And these "news readers" have scandalous private lives look at Matt Laurer and Charlie Rose to name a couple.  

I don`t mind and actually aplaude newspeople in the vein of Sam Donaldson and Ronald Reagan banter, that was healthy.  But when 90% of mainstream, supposed respected media run +95% negative stories about a president that I voted for and still support, that is sedition and treason and need to be called as such.  There`s a stupid senator comparing our president to Joesph Stalin ...really????  a evil dictator that murdered 10x more people than Hitler is his comparison ???

There is freedom of speech and President Trump has the freedom included to give his side, does he not?  

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I found it interesting on health care discussion also , folks not even having to purchase a health insurance policy tough-ting about how stupid the ACA is  ?  

Please don't exaggerate the conversation , IF , being you ride the coat tails of your spouse's policy ?

Anyone thinking 20 +K / premium year policy for a primitive - pretend health insurance being ""smart business''' , might give it a re-consider - as your lender will have it as part of the conversation , sooner maybe than later ---

I find it interesting it health care discussion '' wasn't '' included in the '''5,6,7 etc. , etc., etc.,  step '''  Revitalize Rural America - maybe due to the folks involved might not have a coupon payment book ---  

0 Kudos