cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Farm Debt Increasing

Beef consumption at record levels. Since the vegan press misrepresents the population, thanks to you midwestern snow grillers who must be consuming 10 head per day. πŸ¦ΈπŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I eat a pound of beef a day and that`s the one meat I never get tired of.   I don`t eat pork at all, but fish and chicken is good once in awhile Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Still  have  some  of   those - $2.75 fall  delivery  calves  available,  and  I'm  thinking  P  Volker - NOMICS  could  make  things  REAL  interesting  - Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SW  - Smokey  -  SO,  your  saying  we  need  a  new  Variety  of  experts, - ? 

0 Kudos
Advisor

No.  I'm saying the rules of good management still apply.  Healthy balance sheet, prudent management of resources, good working capital, cash is king. 

There is a point, however, when we can do the best we can, but it still is not good enough, thanks to people in power who mess up the marketplace and take away our incentive to pursue markets outside of our domain.  Short of an all-out shooting war, Congress alone has the power to make treaties and trade agreements, not the president and an ill-advised, ill-timed executive order.  This has made an otherwise low cycle in the markets even lower and more uncertain.  Nobody can predict with any certainty how this will play out, because a trade war is totally unpredictable and unwinnable.  The global war we started by EO, against not only our friends and allies, but also with our adversaries has put the US at a distinct disadvantage, globally. We are screwed.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I  other  words ,  the  rural  vote  is  finding  out  it's  NET  WORTH  after  the  fact  -Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Advisor

No. If that is true, it is their own fault. Always strive for a healthy balance sheet.
0 Kudos
Advisor

The only exception is when leaders make catastrophic mistakes, like 45 has. He bears responsibility as well.
0 Kudos
Advisor

K-289, rural folks voted for this, so they also bear some responsibility.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

This will be my "I am Spartacus" moment Smiley Happy     I voted for Trump and I will be even MORE pleased to re elect President Donald J Trump...the man keeps his promises and people that hate him, I was never fans of them in the first place.  The first ballot that I cast was for Ross Perot and I voted again for Ross the second time that he ran and was kind of crazy....because Ross understand trade and what DID happen to our trade deficits.   The world does not revolve around farmers.  As important as we are, our trade cash cow came at the EXPENSE of many workers with families too and now it`s time to balance the books!   About the only thing America exports is raw agricultural commodities and they send us back much more dollar value of FINISHED products.

Donald Trump isn`t responsible for "this" whatever "this" is, the fat cats that shipped factories over seas in the 90`s to take advantage of slave labor wages are follow the money!

And the border, if we don`t do what President Trump promised and is now doing single handedly doing, we won`t have a country...maybe it`s already too late when you look at the results of the 2018 congressional election, witch hunts and the clown car of opposition candidates for 2020.

God Bless America!

0 Kudos