cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Farm Progress Show canceled

Am I the only one that likes to sit in combines that I can`t afford and go "vroom vroom"?  Smiley Happy   I`m disappointed, but I understand.  I was really going to make it to the Spencer Fair (Clay County) which is the best agricultural fair around, but I hear they`re cancelled too. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/farm-progress-show-set-for-september-in-boone-canceled-due-to-coro...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Farm Progress Show canceled

its been a long time since I have been to the Clay County fair, but I did sit in several tractors and learned that the IH Magnum was the one that felt the most natural to me and ended up buying one later, albeit a used one. Actually the first of several Magnums. The John Deere cab was just not as roomy and comfortable, and the controls seemed too small for me, also.

Probably a key factor was that my farm has been farmed by red tractors since the early F-30s and F-14s.....I think they might have been gray , though.

My father had an F14 that was straight and true, with all four original steel wheels still intact and he sold that to a collector for $1200 back in the 1970's.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Farm Progress Show canceled

Hey Red, I`m a multicultural farmer, I have all kinds.  However, my highest price tractor is a John Deere mostly because of the dealer in the area, the Case IH dealer was (probably still is) a jerk.  But my family was always International red, I have a Case and get parts at Arnolds in Alden and Red Power in Mason City and they`re great...haven`t been to the one in Bancroft but I hear things Smiley Happy  

If the cowboys that run the Spencer Fair shut it down, then this Covid business is the real deal.  You can get a deal on steel cattle feed bunks, Porta-Huts and a lot of things that are "fair special" that they don`t want to haul back.  A few years ago when I was in my 40`s my Daughter had to ride the rides and I had to go with her.  Those rides tore my old middle age body apart  Smiley Happy  I think when you get over 25 they should forbid anyone older from riding.  

Last year these guys were one of the many many performers

https://moto-maniacs.com/  

image149

0 Kudos