cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: I don't know Why Anyone

Squeaky wheels get the most oil when it comes to getting the government to give you back some of your tax money in programs that help your business. There's strength in numbers as long as your group all is on the same page and moving in the same direction. From what I have seen, its very hard to find consensus about any farm policy among the farming community, which makes it difficult to organize under a common banner and pressure the politicians in Washington. Their strategy always is divide and conquer so that they wind up not having to do anything.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

repetitive....... but I can't go with country of origin labeling when the packer in the US is owned by a brazilian company and the labor force is from somewhere in between....And the truck driver delivering it ................ 

Different if the congress that passes the laws enforces it as intended.  But we bend and distort every law we create, to get the "easy" life for all concerned.  How soon will the local counties that have JBS investment meat packing County ordinances to be net neutral meat sanctuary counties and just ignore the law.....especially if the meat in the box is owned by another country when it leaves the dock....... Smiley Happy  I know that is a slight amount silly but we have watched usda rewrite legislations through procedure regulations before.

And tell me what is the origin of meat in the US owned by china or brazil, processed in  a building and with equipment owned by Japan or Brazil, by  workers that are not yet US citizens   -----------  I do not  think that meat deserves a US origin label.

--------------------------

I have eaten steak in africa and Europe and shopped in several of those places.  US and Brazilian beef is labeled there.  But it is advertising for  profit or to pay additional freight or so someones ego can be stroked.  And as advertising it may or may not be absolutely true..... governments as well as Beef organizations can make rules that defy truth. (like the label requires a 70% minimum share of US origin beef.)

I like buyer beware.  It keeps me going to Braums or Dillons for food instead of Walmart ---- or preferably...the local butcher shop and a local producer even if it is 60 miles away.  Our government is no better than the folks and resteraunts who sell you "pure angus" beef.  Until we can rely on them for truth and integrity,  I do not want their help.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: Really a good post sw363535. Nt.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SO   the  label  ''''  85 - 15  '''''   could  be   85  imported   -  15   domestic  -  and  that  suit's  you  ?

Also ,  don't  want  their  help  would  be  returning  all  the  check$  from  the  farm  service  agency  to  the  US Treasure - maybe  ? 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

If it stopped the monthly market tampering it might be a fair deal.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SW  -  Agreed  -   as  this  morning  on  Bloomberg  a  major  meat  company  said  we  are  seeing   ''''  head winds ''''  with  ample  supply's   -  -  -

Nice  downward   ploy  for  cash  bids  -   -   -

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

china has bloomberg pupitized.  Chinese writers imbedded.

USDA releases for agra business and what agra business says to print....(the folks who lend for seed purchases and own the grain after harvest-- and sometimes before.)

The US would be "contact growers" now, but we are bleeding back the profits from the drought years (lets see how long they will produce below cost.....)

What is the chance the possible half a billion bushels of beans lost to weather this fall ever gets noted publicly by either of those two fake news organizations??

0 Kudos