cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Faust- a 400 acre auction in Northern Iowa yesterday.

Faust- below is 4 tracts that sold yesterday at auction. They were only in the average CSR Range, not the 85+ CSR stuff. Results are below:

5/8/2013 

400± Acres, Hamilton County, Iowa, were sold at auction on Monday, May 8, 2013, at the Jewell Golf and Country Club in Jewell, Iowa.  For additional information, please contact Gary Anderson, Agent, at (515) 827-6092 or click here

Total: $5,576,000 

Tract 1: $14,700/A 

Tract 2: $14,500/A 

Tract 3: $12,800/A 

Tract 4: $13,000/A 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Faust- a 400 acre auction in Northern Iowa yesterday.

Still no response to idadelivered offer to come see your vast real estate holdings **bleep**?  Would cost you less than what you offered ghost guy to waste his time to see you paltry 1/2 section.  

Must be selective posting. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

He is welcome to come view my farm operation, it is only 9 farms and they are all within a 8 mile radius. I would absolutely enjoy it alot. This summer would be great so he could go with me to do yield checks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

RSW - does not look like prices are slacking off at all.  What were the soil types on those farms Nicolet and Clarion?  I used to go pheasant hunting up at Jewel when I was a kid, there were still old timers at that time that still spoke german.  Nice to see that prices are not backing off . . . for now.   What was the CSR on that ground, did you get a $ number per CSR point?  

By the way, I think the people on here ragging you about your farming operation, should get their story straight regarding those at Ag-Web who backtracked on you when you made an offer to let them visit your farms.  OBG was never going to come to Iowa, and Db could not get his camper started.  

I have found the controversy amusing, in that you just keep sticking it down their throats day after day and they just keep coming back for more.   You know you really have to stop abusing these boys, that wonder on this site from Ag-Web, I guess they miss the pain after all.  They are just like moths attracted to a flame and you are the candle. lol.

I guess I do not see the problem with a person "managing their land and having it farmed by custom operators . . . there are several older farmers in my area that are doing that very same thing.   You know what they say, you make more money from the neck up, than from the neck down.  

But you know . . . you are wearing these guys out with the ROI and the formulas your bank of 20 computers keep spitting out.     LMAO!   John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Don't tell me tell idadelivered.  Respond to his post, he was the one that brought it up so I am quite sure he would make the time to visit your empire.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Faust & RSW,

I greatly look forward to both of your postings on this site. They are always informative and frequently entertaining. Really good stuff!

Cheers,

Packard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Tom, I am just a reader of posts on here, and respond from time to time by posting one of my rants, but I do know what went on when a few of us got thrown off the other site because of partcipation in this same controversy.  

The rsw "invite" was made to the non believers and then there was a lot of backtracking going on.   I guess rsw remains an inigma, in that he professes what he is, and then there are those who refute what he says.  I have not gone back and checked the posts where he may have contridicted himself, and OBG and Db were convinced that Richard was not what he professed to be. But yet the found documents regarding his family, and according to Richard they were contacting family members.   I think if that was in fact true, that is kinda pushing the limits here in fantasyland.  

My response is "who cares", but it must matter to the Ag-webbies who have followed him here to continue the fight.  I think there are enough Iowans on this site, who live in that area, that if he was not real, they would have spoken up by now.  I mean he has admitted to the land brought into his marriage and to the borrowing of money to buy in at the right time, when others, including myself, were blowing out.    

I mean . . . we do still have land records in this state, and it is pretty simple to find out who owns what.  From what I can recollect, it is not a crime to hold or place land in trusts or corporations, I have done that myself.

I think this animosity is just part of the entertainment that presents itself on this site.  It is clear to me that rsw does rub some nerves raw, and explosions are constantly occurring.  I mean when the hired help at Cargill even chimes in, you know that he has a great audience and following.

If I really thought rsw was anti dirty fingernails, i would probably chime in, but he enjoys baiting you boys to rile you up.   I think rsw posts a lot of good stuff.  I mean he is the best monitor I know for what land is selling for in Iowa, and what the price per CSR point is for top land and the "not so top" land in Iowa is..  

Which is interesting to follow if a person owns land in Iowa, even though most of us will never buy another acre at those sale prices.  Just sayin . . .   Take a prilosec and kick back and relax, getting worked up over nothing anyone can control here in the cyber world is not healthy. Pass the popcorn and get me another Corona.  John 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Too many errors! I think you would have to look long and hard to find an 90 CSR farm in NC Iowa. Nicollette soil is 88 csr is the best quality soil in our area and i know of no farm even remotely close to 100% Nicollette.

He talks about those stupid farmers that went broke in the 80's and 1/3 of Iowa land was lost due to bankruptcy. Ther was a very small percentage of farms that even came up for sale in our part of Iowa.

He said $5000 land was selling for a thousand. I heard of no NC Iowa farmland selling for $5K per acre. $3500 caught the best of in those days. and yes you could buy some of it for a thousand or a bit less after the fall.

A little too much bragging and a bit too much exaggeration. RSW shouldn't think he is talking to morons. Too many have been around a while and know the real skinny. Instead of earning admiration from the readers, he is infact baffling them with BS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Faust- a 400 acre auction in Northern Iowa yesterday/Faust.

Yes Faust, I will be the first to admit that I enjoy toying with the AGWEB Boys. It can be pretty funny sometimes, they get all worked up everytime I post over there on there website!!!!!! They are always good for a laugh. I should probably only post on AGWEB once every couple of weeks since they get so worked up, one of them may have a heart attack!!!!!!!! They still think I only own 320 acres of Iowa farmland. Although that is $5 Million dollars worth today, back in 1986 it would have bought 5,000 acres of good quality land in Northern Iowa.

Anyway, I believe most of the 400 acres was around 77 for a CSR average over all 4 tracts. And 400 acres for $5,576,000 is an average of $13,940/acre, so around $181 per CSR Point. It seems we are all around a range of $180 to $200 per CSR Point today. That would put 80 CSR dirt at $16,000/acre which seems about right.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I never thought of that! It's the darn computers that need to brag every stinking day!

0 Kudos