cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Federal real estate tax

I received an email today informing me of a 3.8% real estate tax to be paid when property is sold.  Payable by the seller.  Supposedly this is in the Obamacare health insurance bill.  The tax goes into effect in 2013, right after the next presidential election.  Is this true or another internet thing making the rounds?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Federal real estate tax

might be another political item of hear say--time will tell--haven't heard anything like it here in Nebraska.

0 Kudos
Advisor

I guess it would be too much to ask of the media to ask of this.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've heard the same thing from other people it's stated somewhere in the 2700 page obamacare plan. They need to snag money from every which place they can to fund something like this. It's getting very expensive to own land. How much will property taxes go up if this thing is signed??

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I googled federal real estate tax and found no "Obama care" links so it's probably bogus.

0 Kudos
Advisor

I hate to think.    Mine have doubled recently on farms.   They got to get the money somewhere

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Like I said in my other post first new tax we implement is excess campaign $$$ tax---job pays 100k--campaign costs 10 million--- tax is on 9 million 900 thousand----deficit problems over ! !

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

google "healthcare home sales tax"

it's there, and aplies to the profits over $500,000 on a home that is sold. So it is a tax on the weatlthy...you know, the ones that OBama knows won't vote for him in 2012.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Re: google "healthcare home sales tax"

Thanks Red. Found it. Did they pass that before housing tanked or after. Since on the house only and not the farm, thats a tax I may never pay.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: google "healthcare home sales tax"

I bet many of folks would pay the tax if they could make half a mil. on their house ---like 99% of them !