cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Fuel gelling?? & back to switchgrass.

Gas at $ 1.99 and truck diesel at $ 2.94.
Seem like that gap grows ???

We must be funding congressional travel on the backs of trunkers.

Bio diesel — is the latest craze here locally. Can amazon and ups deliver with a rumor of fuel.

Writers. Please research famous promises from state of the union addresses through history. “Switchgrass” gotta be up there on the “no chance list”.
Hint. Place the name of educational institutions promoting those in bold letters.
And avoid any presentations from the balcony please, unless their muppets!!
What are the needed ingredients to produce bio-diesel?? Can it be made from cute internet entries like singing teacher videos? Or pictures of food? Things Like composted computer energy? Or pelatonic generators?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Fuel gelling?? & back to switchgrass.

Yeah, I'm gelled up this morning and I don't know if it's from bio-diesel, but if it is, it isn't from switchgrass.

Years ago I whined and complained to Dr. John Lawrence of ISU that his researchers were studying silly stuff instead of what farmers needed to know.  He was leaving the ag field to the Monsantos, DuPonts, etc and we weren't getting any good data.

He gave me a Willy Sutton response.  If you're not yet familiar with that, look up Willie Sutton's Law.

You know, it's going to be warmer over the weekend and I bet my tractor runs then.  It's a good thing I don't have to hay the cows or I'd have to have horses or a gas tractor.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

No offense to Dr Lawrence,  But that is the problem with university research --- they don't do it unless it has money tied to it..... and will research the obvous if there is money tied to it--- thus the importance of the research is secondary to "where the money is"... suttons law

Private industry has always led in research for that very reason.    Universities have become "for profit" institutions, and get by with it as long as the profits lay dormant in Foundations and properly positioned investments. ( after proper funding of staff and facilities)..  Maybe sanders can come up with a budget/endowment formula where public education institutions become fully taxable if they hold 3x annual operating budget in endowment funds.  That would pay off a little debt.

Because universities made that choice "monsanto, DuPont, etc" now monopolize agriculture and congress is so into self pormotion and buying votes with free stuff that monopoly laws are old stuff not worth their time.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Just  wondering - Is  there  demand  at a  certain  Embassy  where  the  past  Governor - now  Ambassador is  stationed  for  the  switch- ?  product - ? 

'''' Just  in Time '''  shipment - logistical  brainstorm  ,  mind set , being  fabulous  untiLL  an  overlooked  '' NOW WHAT 's ''   appear -  -  -

Might  keep  a  sharp  eye  out  for  '  free  shipping '''  disappearing  acts  on  the  horizon  -  -  -

Swtchfuel    &  BeaNdiesel   -   Nash  &  Studebaker  - or  Edsel  ? 

Fuel  pricing  gap  =  Supply  &  Demand   OR   Just  Because  We CAN  - ? 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Could be on the demand side. Lots of trucks on the road since everything comes in at the docks. Not so many cars out when we all need to be home to sign for our deliveries.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

And  freight  trains  actually  hauled  freight  -  before  unit  trains  - and  the  brainstorm  of  not  needing  SO  MANY R R  tracks - on  a  local base , being  cheaper  to  use  other  means  -   -   -

Convenient   has  a  rough  time  translating  the  word  CHEAPER  -   -    -  

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Convenient always wins when money is no object
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Excell   -  SW  -  star  on  the  top  right  hand  corner Smiley Wink,   meanwhile  the  kicked  can - object  is  standing  up ,  at  full  attention  &  NO  &  short of,  is  the  uncomfortable  conversation  -   -   -      

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Speaking of the RR and the irony of the "cool" and hip......... Did ya notice the articles------no wait there are no newspapers ------ the blurbs about the work toward the hiking/jogging/cycling path built on interconnected former RR beds that will make it possible to hike across the country.

Actually an great idea but will probably actually benefit a very small segment of the population.

The masses who will soon (if not already) be in a position of not affording transportation will be able to walk to granny's house assuming she lives next to the old tracks.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Rails   to   Trails  CON servancy  -  might  want  to  look  at  the  eaZement  fine  print  on  page  (9 -462)  Smiley Surprised,paragraph  19  type  deal  reading ,  as  to  with,  in  accordance,  4th  right , undisclosed , conflated , enigmatic  instrument   -    -    -

Just  a  signature  &  initial  on  line  14, 27, 63, 91  & each  document  up , untill  462  -  -  -

Thanks  for  Your  Support ,  X  Y  Z    L.  L.  C .      

0 Kudos