cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: You validate don't point prescisely

Just going to throw this one into your thoughts:

My true belief is that we tend to worry too much about what "people" think of us.  This was the bane of my childhood and adolescence, my mother's mantra: What will people think?!?!?

Too man of us consider what "people" think of us, when in fact, as Dr. Phil says, "You wouldn't care so much about what people think of you, if you realized how seldom they do." 

By comparison, even the smallest of  the "little" people can loom large to those they know well.  We loom large, figuratively and physically, especially in the minds and hearts of our children and our spouse, and to a lesser (but not negligible) extent, the lives of our neighbors and students/customers/clients. 

I know this is the antithesis of the age of fame for fame's sake, but I think we ought to give it a go.  Try not giving a rip what anyone outside the four walls of your home thinks or says about you for a while...it affords a heady sense of freedom. 

Maybe this is true more for females, who are ingrained/indoctrinated with more social concerns from early childhood; but, I see plenty of questions about such matters here over time.  Most times, some element of material wealth is the main measure of the man. 

Sadly, what I witnessed as a kid was people who turned their "pretty" face to the world, and bared a very ugly one at home.  I have tried very hard to reverse that trend in my own evolution as an individual.  In doing so, I have come to regard a lot of supposedly "successful" people as abject failures, and a lot of "little"  people as shining examples of the kind of person I strive to be.   

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Re: You validate don't point prescisely

Very well stated Kay ----drive 30 miles from home and try and name the most sucessful person in your eyes or their own eyes ---see how many assorted answers you get---

0 Kudos
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting ahead of 2012 input costs

I would assume that's exactly what conservative farmers with debt are doing.  If they are not, the bank will soon be repossessing their belongings.  I don't know of any farmers still farming that never retired their debt. 

0 Kudos
nwobcw
Advisor

Good post Nox.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Maybe we could get @$100,000.  equip  dollars for crop imputs like our guy down the road did for his hog barn-----

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Be careful what you wish for...the EQIP money to livestock producers reflects the hard fact that environmental regulations on our backs are too ponderous to carry off in the course of normal business. 

If push comes to shove, you will find out that the money isn't nearly worth the strings attached.  

I am asking for possible funding of a dead composting facility...but, the engineering and extra building required, which is virtually all unnecessary for the proper sizing and operation of the composter itself, to the satifsfacction of the permitting authority ( in this case, the state vet's office) will push the price of the project to roughly double.  It is not a free lunch, but if tje government wants such a facility, frankly., it will have to pay most of what it costs to establish one here. 

0 Kudos
belarus
Senior Contributor

Here is a good video that explains what is happening to input prices:

http://www.morningstartv.com/oak-initiative/marxism-america

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

The  ""119n"" out of the neighbors "cafo mont. well" is pretty much self explanatory----wonder what it would be without "taxpayer" equip money and "more" money needed to deal with it --cheap food?? =  absorbent taxes

0 Kudos