cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Good Neighbors

Good neighbors are worth more than their weight in gold. I've got a young producer (even younger than me ECIN) in my area that inherited the family farm at a very young age and all the debt that came with it. Like myself, he works a full time off the farm job on top of farming and raising cattle. This is a neighbor that I frequently trade labor with versus always paying someone to do something. My phone rang earlier this morning and it was him offering to help me finish planting milo. I've got one field that has a seep hole right in the middle of it and as soon as it gets dry enough to get out there we get a shower and I need to let it set for another week before I can think about getting out there. I'm thinking Saturday is the day I will be able to give it a try and this neighbor volunteered to plant it for me since his tractor is MFWD and would go through this small mud hole better than my tractor would if weren't completely dried out. If he plants this I will jump on my other unplanted milo acres and with a little good luck I'll be all done by Saturday evening. Yep, I wouldn't trade my good neighbors for anything.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Good Neighbors

In the context of living close to decent people, the best way to have a good neighbor is to be one....
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Kay I couldn't agree more.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I've found that some of my best" farm" neighbors are people who don't have such good reputations within the non-farm community.
0 Kudos