cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Good community

Example of importing a Tweet into the Agriculture.com community. In this case, the author was not notified:

#Agriculture: Because of their vision of "Building Community through Agriculture", #FollowFriday @FairviewAgSoc #farming #ag

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Contributor

Re: Good community

I like the idea of being able to link our forum to Twitter. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

I have a twitter account, but I'm not a big fan.  Others in my region share this opinion.  At a recent board meeting of our grower's association, board members hesitated to include twitter updates for growers.  It's time consuming enough to scroll through the various email updates, even on a blackberry, let alone have time on the office computer for wading through emails and web sites for reading and responding to work related issues.  It's beginning to border on digital overload.

Senior Advisor

I use Facebook and Twitter daily, but I have very few friends and I have very strong privacy settings.  Maybe if a person holds down the number of friends it makes the resulting posts more meaningful.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I like some of the improvements to this site, but the Twitter BS on the right side of this site could go. I am a member of this community to catch up on recent ag news, markets, and to chat with other farmers around the country. I really dont care what some city kid has to say about agriculture, or post volgure comments on this site via Twitter.

0 Kudos