cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: Damned iPad...

I never wanted to know, and didn't care which gender it was going to be, either...actually, was only offered ultrasound with the third, and had one of each by then. Ultrasound used to be reserved for higher risk pregnancies, and then when they found out they could see " things" most parents wanted it, and it makes docs a lot of money, soOOOOOOO! Good luck to all of you.
0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

Re: Guy gift ideas?

If I need or want it, I prefer to pick it out myself.  Bake some Stolln, Lebkuchen and knit me some socks.  That is plenty.

0 Kudos
mvp farms
Veteran Contributor

I'm with you Jim.  After all these years of being a single guy if I need something or want something I buy it.  I do request though a few homecooked meals during springs work or harvest that means more to me than any gift. 

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Best gift would be to get your guy a 90 minute massage and at least a pedicure. Simply the best. When someone is on their feet all day a good foot treatment is the best thing.
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Maybe not as great as a professional massage and pedi treatment, but Mike has always said that I give the world's best footrubs. It is something I have always enjoyed doing for him, and it seems to perk him up after a hard day's work. Maybe explains - ay least in part - why today is our 38th anniversary.
0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Congrats!!

My wife commented that you were married, for longer than she was alive.

Then she said 'DON'T TYPE THAT!'

I said, why not, if it is true?

She rolled her eyes, and headed out.  Mumbled something about men never understanding women. 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Tell her that is fine...I am glad we've made it this long...married since nineteen, together as a couple since tenth grade, four years before that. 

She will understand when she gets this side of fifty. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Maybe we're on hte right track.  Dating since shortly before she graduated High School, and through college, and married the summer after she got her degree.  A few rocky spots, but it seems the few we have weathered made us better off for it as a couple.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

My sense is thatbyounwill be fine. We have dealt with a set of very odd obstacles and strange circumstances, the sum of whihcnhave led us to live in a place we never intemded to so much as visit, doing types of farming in a way and on a acale that we could have never imagined in our wildest dreams, even halfway thorugh the years we have spent together. Life is what happens to you while you are making plans. I keep an eye out between tow and ten years, or even more, and that is sort of like watching the extended weather forecast...the further out in time you try to prognosticate, the more variability you have to accommodate for in your projections. The one given in all of the plans is the two of us being together.
0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Thanks for the encouraging word.  I have to say, in the last 4-5 years, we've had more stressful things happen to us, than a lot of people have in 20+ years.  We were young, and inexperienced in how to deal with it all, but a wise older couple told us, if we could just get through each obstacle TOGETHER, we'd be better off for it.  Maybe not financially, or in appearance, but better off as a couple, and I would have to say they were right.

From reading your posts, it would seem you are one who has a lot of wisdom to share.  I hope those in your influence can make good use of it.

0 Kudos