cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Guys, please check in....

...so we know you are okay. 

With so many tornados in so much of middle America and the Southeast, it will be good to hear that all of you are safe and sound.  Please just take a moment to let us hear from you today. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Guys, please check in....

Thanks for thinking of all of us Kay.  Central Kansas is OK, but our neighbors in Eastern Kansas aren't so lucky.  Tornado's ripped up parts of Wabunsee County, I believe there was 1 fatality.  Our thoughts and prayers are with all of them as well as everyone affected across the storm paths.

0 Kudos
Advisor

I'm about 125 miles north of Harrisburg.  We had a little hail but nothing too strong or bad.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

About 50 miles south of Evansville.Ind. IN WESTERN KY. GRAIN BINS, BARNS,and other structures damaged but thankfully no one hurt seriously.

0 Kudos
Senior Reader

I am 5 miles east of Harriburg, IL.  We had no damage but the roof of the SEC was damaged just about 1 miles from us. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Extreme northern Ohio all OK but it did bring back memories of June 2010 when a tornado passed a mile south of me and destroyed a landlord's barn.  We did have the biggest snowfall of the season last night (Sunday).

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It was eighty-two here on Thursday, and snowing in the general area this morning.  The wind is about to take the siding off of the house, so not too pleasant to be out and about in...

I have taken the advice of one of my friends on the Women's board, and enrolled our family in the WeatherCall service for our notification of when we need to take shelter.  Our Safe Sheds are on order, and will hopefully arrive in a month or so.  I have set the menfolk a deadline of having the level sites for them prepared by April 1st. 

I was in a Walmart store that took a direct hit by a tornado in 1993...two women  died there, and a couple of men on construction sites and such within a short distance also lost their lives that day.  Very sobering experience, and one that makes you want to be able to protect your family from such forces. 

I still wish more of the gang would check in...I am worried about them!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

We're back 2 normal march. Wind 30-45 takes your hat but not bad.
The 2 we sent east(down the hill) last week were terrible. Couldn't stand up in it . 85 mph at local air port.
When we send that much energy east tornado alley gets hammered. Don't think I ever saw it stay mean as far east as this week.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Were about an hour away from harveyville ks that took an EF2, one fatality and lots of damage. Just wind here

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Sharon and I were on our way to Nashville Wednesday morning. We have missed only two of these events going back to New Orleans in 1980. We stopped at Marion IL over night. The tornado warning went off at 4:00 A.M. It hit a Harrisburg about 25 miles east of us. There were six fatalities. Thursday afternoon while we were in the trade show at Opryland there was another tornado warning. The instructions said to go to a tornado shelter. The trade show was in the tornado shelter. The storm went directly over Nashville but did not do much damage there.  I have never expreinced a tornado warning before except to see it on TV. Now I have been in two in less than 48 hours. This is one Commodity Classic  I will never forget !.....Soyroy

0 Kudos