Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Also,

We have to do a calculation with our NRCS, or i guess an ag engineer could certify it, if you wanted ot pay for your own is called the Phosphrous Loss Assessment Tool ( PLAT). This takes into account things such as soil type, slope, cropping pattern, etc. In our case,virtuallynflat, clayey land in permanent vegetative cover, had extremely low potential for P loss to offsite areas. I am sure that fate and transport of P will get to be part of the wider ag lingo. There are a lot of people who will never accept the permitting structure well, I know that we have seen lots of older, smaller hog farmers simply fold and quit. This is the side of the regulatory piece that I used to consider an unintended, I am not so sure it is unintentional....
0 Kudos