Generic bicept $ 9.70 ac
Gepkoeeneric glyphs. 2.68 to 3.24 ax
Phos, actual 49 cent a pound
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: How cheap are your inputs ?

Totally different type of farming, I know, but: 

cost of utilizing manure for fertilizer in NC is mostly diesel, which is hovering around $2/ gal right now;

fertilizer in VA was biosolids, cost us total $2200 for potash to balance on roughly 220 acres;

most stands of forages are perennial, but $27 a bag for annual ryegrass to overseed this fall, roughly 1/2 bag per acre;

still waiting on price for tritcale seed for one small stand where we don't want to compete too late into         spring with the warm sason native grasses;

bale wrap roughly $1 per bale;

Mike is spoiling his little crop of heifers with $10-15 per week for sweet feed;

and all the rental properties are full and paying on time.  

Labor, insurance, and property taxes staying pretty much level.  Electricity out of NC cooperative is raping the region.  

I

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Kaye  -What's  the deal with the high priced  kilo-wats back there --- 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Honestly, I blame the cooperative's management, and BOD that won't reign it in. Builta hige, syate-of-the-art HQ, in a place that is largely poverty-stricken.  

Rates are so bad, they will not even post them on the website page for rates. Houses go empty for lack of affordable power.  It is ridiculous what it costs us, and the peak shavings promised over a year ago have yet to materialize.  

0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

I don't have many good numbers yet.  Seed sales says they are going to hold or maybe even drop a litte.  Fuel is down and may get lower.  Fertilizer I don't iknow yet.  LP is trending down.  Rents are steady to down.

Electricity hasn't changed recently.  I'd have to check the rate.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

I would expect a rural economic development  would be in place for your area or county ---

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

It was brought to my attention about a  '''  negative  mega watt  '''  inversion and guess where  TEXAS  of course  - Peak demand is an interesting marketing expression ---  Look at the propane world for an example ---  

0 Kudos