cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

I don't do surveys

Good evening Mr Kraft. We are doing a survey about your agricultural production and it will only take two or three minutes.

I don't do surveys so it won't take that long.

Thank you Mr Kraft and have a nice evening.  Click!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: I don't do surveys

Krafty if they asked about your sex life wouldn't the phone call be just as short? HE HE

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Mine go evening Canuck etc. what acreage do you have in corn?

I have xxx hectares.

How many acres is that?

I don't know, just put down xxx hectares.

Uh, well I can't do that I have to have acres.

Well if you want to use the old measure you will have to convert.

Uh, well how many hectares in an acre?

I don't know I just use hectares then I don't have to covert when the scales tell me I harvested yyy tonnes.

(pause)

Well I guess you don't have the size of operation we need to complete the survey.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Advisor

I hate the ones that offer me money for the survey...I tell them I set my own rates for my time, and they can't afford me. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I am still waiting for my last two $40 checks, which is what I told Beck ag two nights ago, so I no longer do surveys either.  It is especialy hilarious when the person doing the survey doesn't know the topic, "what kind of tractor do you have?"  " a puma 195."  "now, what brand is that?"...

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Good one!

That was funny. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Good one!

Yeah you think it's funny but your turn is coming.    I wonder if I can get a transplant.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: I am still waiting for my last two $40 checks

I will say the few times I have agreed to participate the check came rather quickly. However I'd adopted a new philosophy:

We'd like to include you in our survey and we'll pay you $25 for participating.

GREAT! Send me your check and then I'll answer your questions.

...  Uhhhh ... it doesn't work that way.  You take the survey and we'll send you a check.

Sorry, I've tried that before.  You'll ask a half dozen questions and once you get the information you want tell me I don't qualify for the survey and won't pay me.

Oh, we wouldn't do that.

Well, the last folks did so I have changed my prodcedures.

But we don't do it that way.

That's fine, but that's how I do it now.  Good evening.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Oh, and then there are the written surveys which include a dollar bill.  I always do those.  I'll answer 1 or 2 questions then get a Sharpie and write "This is how much of my time $1 buys.  If you want more information send more money"  across the front of it and stick it in their prepaid envelope.

0 Kudos
Advisor

I've started to ask when I should expect the payment and could I please have a no. to call if i don't receive payment. I called once, 6 weeks later and the no. was no longer in service. I'm also amazed thet they will call on a sunday evening. Anyway, I have made a point of chatting with the interveiwers after I do one. (IF I do one) Most of the people are college kids . I ask what their major is and where they go to school. They seem eager to do something beside the drudgery they are being paid for. I'd give them the survey fee to them if I could.

0 Kudos