cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: ISU Prof Bad Mouths Crop Insurance

A petson's " color" means less to me than you could possibly imagine. Comparisons between this First Lady's staff and its salaries smacks of "Let them eat cake..."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Colbert is the funniest thing on two feet. Don't get to watch much right now, and I really miss him.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Laura Bush seems to be a quiet humble person that probably never relished being first lady. Michelle Robinson Soetoro Obama was a high level hospital executive making more $$ than her husband, I believe the number was about $300,000, before his "books" and "story" shot him into the stratosphere of American pop culture, which he played into a cinderella politcal run for the storybooks. There really would be no comparison between the two ladies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Nothing against her but why should I identify more with an SMU sorority girl than with the daughter of some working class folks who kept theior attention on their knitting and whose kids have done very well for themselves?

Actually, sorority girls put their pants on one leg at a time too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Babcock probably offends some sensibilities via the alcohol analogy.

But I'm not sure he really even addresses the real question which is why the taxpayer should backstop the risk for multi-million dollar businesses.

It is really even more a question of good governance and moral hazard than of what the ultimate cost to taxpayers might be.

That part is unknown and based on future prices and weather- but sure- it could be much larger than "the industry"- and that includes "nice" academic folks- might estimate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'm qualified to say this being I'm a fraternity boy, but sorority girls do put their pants on one leg at a time. ROTF
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

You really have to be committed to find something dislikeable about Michelle OBama.  The same should be said about Laura Bush. Both gracious kindly ladies that are good partners for their husbands.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I think the real beneficiaries, as mentioned below, would be the lenders who bear the risk of financing crops. Probably as many of them lobbying for the status quo, as farm groups doing so.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Another point to make is,  Jim Meade who gets money from Successful Farming magazine is not unbiased either with his posts.  The whole ag industry has benefited from crop insurance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Jim Meade, SF magazine, what am I missing?

0 Kudos