cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Packard27
Senior Contributor

Re: Meeting is OFF/Unless you guys treat me right/kraft-t

You know guys,wouldn't this just be a whole lot easier if you all just took what appears to be a personal conversation about meeting one another...well...off-line?

Good luck

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: As a body on this thread

we do not know the owned or rented acres of

Idalivered, Ba Deere, Red Steele, Rawhide, Hardnox, Mike Ncia, Old man, Arn Farm Kay/nc, wcmo or Don Kraft and that just the folks on this page.

Only RSW finds it necessary to list his acheivements and even some acheivements that are not his. But then perhaps  we can be a bit forgiving on that were it not for the constant barrage of BS as if he invented buying land and having it custom farmed.

He is educating you folks and evidently you are slow learners. The lesson must be repeated daily if not hourly.

Although I will admit that I would be interested in hearing the history of some of your lives and where you are and how you got there. It's not my business nor would I want to intrude, but i'll bet there are some interesting stories there. Mine is one of falling down and getting back up. I dare say some of you shared that same experience. 

0 Kudos

I'll give you mine --started with nothing although my parents did help it was not too much so i didn't get cocky and i own 240 acres and rent 170 -drive my truck about 80-90 thousand miles a year and my head is well bruised from beating it against rocks for 35 years. got a decient lifestyle and would trade it all in for my wife not having the health problems she has

farawayguy
Veteran Contributor

Sure, a few might not accept it anyway. But most will - it stretches credulity to think you're going to drive around with Idalivered pointing to random farms, claiming them as your own. Not to mention you also having to somehow find 640 unplanted acres to show off as your own. Some things can be faked, some can't.

0 Kudos

I'll say that i have less to gain than you and I don't really want to take the time to see everything. I also would believe , even , 3 legal descriptions and matchup with a plat book. we can do that over lunch or over the phone. If you feel this won't work, that's ok, but please at least let me know. I got plenty other stuff to do.

0 Kudos

Re: Idialivered- a change to our meeting on Monday/CLEAR LAKE-YES

would that invitation be open about the 20th of january? It's gotta be warmer there than here!

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Short version: farming since 1975 with my husband of soon- to- be forty years. Shifted gradually from a typical mix of row crops and cash crops like peanuts and tobacco into livestock. That was all on husband's home-place in Virginia.

Ended up with buying and building a sizable contract swine nursery operation in Ne NC in 1994-5. That was so he could leave a railroad job that just kept him gone too much. Farm that today with him and our middle child/ older daughter.

Land is approximately 750 acres, which is four farms in two counties in two states, spread over about 80 miles. Most of it is timber (60%), another 10% is mineral lands ( part of my home-place), and the remainder is either a hog production site, or grassland, either conservation or grazed/hayed.

Due to lay of the land and other factors, we ended up with several rental houses strung out over 200 miles distance in Va and NC.

Most of what we have done was sort of impulsive, not really well thought - out. We just sort of went with whatever options opened up for us at a given moment in time. Wish one of us had known what we were doing....

0 Kudos

nox, i love that joke, but we are shjowing our age with the cindy crawford reference. use kate upton for a younger crowd!

0 Kudos
old man
Senior Contributor

Why don't you make it January 32, of some year to be decided on

0 Kudos
old man
Senior Contributor

Own 417 acres,one farm from my parents and my wife and myself bought 2 farms since. Retired in 1988 when doctor said I better retire, or else maybe face a wheel chair from 3 herniated disc surgeries. Rented out 2 years, didn,t like that. Daughter and new husband said wanted to rent. He had no experience so I had to teach, train, or whatever him. Fairly successful

Married 61 years to the same woman. Have two daughters and 3 living grandchildren.  Bought motor home and have traveled over 200000 miles. Been in every state except Arizona, and since there are no bridges to Hawaii, that trip was postponed. Did fly there. I do not gamble and when we tried to go to Arizona, it got too windy. Drove to Alaska twice. Have had then to all 4 corners of the US and in between.

Have lived thru 7 floods from the Mo. River. Ground ie extremely fertile. Most of ground is in 500 year floodplain, although my fear is that floods will get worse, posibly due to inept management by the Corp. Will have over 225 bu corn this year and over 50 bu soybeans. Have storage for entire crop

Have had a wonderful life and at 88, still looking forward to many more