cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: your a 1 trick pony if all your farming

Having been an FFA Secretary I know that the symbol at my station was the ear of corn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFazW2mVrM

 

In 1492 Columbus left port and sailed west into history.

I'll bet there were those standing on the dock laughing at him.

Do we remember any of their names?

Leadership skills need to be nurtured and developed.

 

 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: your a 1 trick pony if all your farming

Iso, I was the Sentinel "stationed by the door"  I had to put all those symbols out, I forgot....it`s been 35 years ago...you know how hard it is to recall correct details after 35 years?   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: your a 1 trick pony if all your farming

BA - no problem - been 42 years for me.

I had to double check the opening ceremony to verify my memory.

Biggest laugh I ever got was when I had the chance to take several officers from other

    states to a chapter meeting and adult ag class in my home town,

I introduced them to the room full of farmers attending the class that night.  (about 30 guys)

We were all in our official dress so to break the ice I said "we're not here to sell anything".

You had to scrape them off the floor.Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

 

0 Kudos
Advisor

wont happen

With more cattle space and more natural feeds, that lengthens the cattle grow cycle...thus cuts beef tonnage etc..

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: wont happen

The big mistake of reduced production is to think it is a choice...

 

We are well on the way to reducing production whether we like it or not.  There will be no choice.

 

Or at least 70% of us are.  The other 30% may be increasing production.  It has been an ongoing process for decades.

 

With tech and our heads in the "clouds", the stage is set for diminishing producers to a few corporate entities to attract that silicon valley investment in "safe" and wholesome food production.

government is regulating for it and will be anxious to get those political contributions that come with "the big boys" they are regulating.  It is all about the big bucks in DC.

0 Kudos