cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

Ignore

If there is someone you don't want to reat messages from, you can set "IGNORE".

Go to a message from this person.  Left click on their name and a profile screen will open.  A few inches down the left margin is the word IGNORE in a gray box.  Click on this box and you should no longer see messages from that person.  

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Ignore

Is that all posts or just PM's?
0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

I am not an expert on this by any means.  My understanding is it is all messages.  If you want to test it, let me know.  YOu can "ignore" me, I can post a couple of test messages and a PM and you can see and report what you get.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

That "ignore button" doesn`t work, well the couple times that I tried it a year ago.   I got a liberal so mad, he said "quit replying to me you Bleeping Bleeper!!!" ...well that liberal was Schurrbart.   But anyway the ignore button didn`t work and we slowly started replying back to one another, now we`re good friends.  So, I don`t know sometimes fate works in funny ways.   🙂

0 Kudos
Slim123
Senior Contributor

I think the ignore button only applies for personnal messages, not the main forums.  I wish it applied for posting on this Marketing Forum. On the other site, Newagtalk, you can put a negative and quarrelsome, low IQ poster on the ignore list. You have to take him off the ignore list if you want to read what he says. 

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

My grandson defriended his grand mother on facebook. I guess he didn't appreciate the maturnal advice. It kind of ticked me off at first because I though it was disrespectful. I've kind of gotten over it now but he has moved down a click or two on my favorites list . lol.

0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

I've come to the conclusion that especiallly on Facebook, but also on much social media including forums such as this one, most people are only on transmit and never on receive.  On Facebook, it'c consdiered poor form to disagree with the base post.  (Why is there no "unlike" button? 🙂 )

I have been unfriended on Facebook and I have unfriended others.  Lately, I've removed "friends" and  I'm down to maybe a dozen people and have the tightest possible restrictions on who can see my posts.  It would not take much to induce me to unsubscribe from Facebook.  I almost never post on Facebook anymore.

I can see where some persons who's life is highly social or visible may find Facebook a very useful tool.

A person can make one look rather one sided and unlikable if one selects Facebook postings out of context.  

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Jim my wife sent a private message to her grandson and he didn't like it. She would not embarrass him in a public arena.

He made a remark that people didn't listen to him when he had good advice. She reminded him that he wasn't too good at accepting advice either.

I have posted a couple of times on facebook under my wifes account but I see little value in it. My wife often points out messages of interest but I don't respond to them.

I could see that you might find friends with common interests. Just your flying experience might bring some pilots out of the woodwork.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Slim we are all low IQ over here. If we tripped the ignore button we would be talking to ourselves.

Of course that is just a personal opinion because we do have folks that think they are the smartest people in the universe but who am I to argue with that?

0 Kudos