cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Iowa CSR/CSR2 numbers in relation to productivity???

Jump to solution

Real midwest farmer questions today:

Is there any consistently measureable difference in corn/bean yields between a 100 acre field with a CSR2 number of 82 and a similar sized field just down the road with a CSR2 of 88?

If so, how much do the numbers themselves influence local farm rental/sales rates?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Iowa CSR/CSR2 numbers in relation to productivity???

Jump to solution

If everything is equal otherwise the CSR 88 farm would be worth $600+ more than the 82CSR, because buyers worship at the CSR alter, valuing it at +$100 per point.  

Not to take anything away from the rating system, but world record yields have been raised on 73 CSR farms.   

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks BA,

So you are saying, if I understand you correctly, the CSR2 numbers when they are close are mostly about farm resale value, but in practice (i.e. The actual yield/acre) the differences are not that important. Correct?

If so, there must also not be much of a local rental rate difference between like farmland with small (i.e. 82 compared to 88) CSR2 differences. Do I have that right too?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Hey Packard, I don`t think that there`d be much if any difference in rent between 82 and 88.  20,30 bucks, they`d give the difference to seal the deal   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution
0 Kudos