cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Iowa Land sold for $19,400/acre

My wife just spoke to one of her Aunts that sold a small tract of land near Sioux Center, Iowa that went for $19,400 per acre.  Anyone attend the auction?  I believe it was held Saturday March 24.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Iowa Land sold for $19,400/acre

Is your wife sucking up to dear auntie? 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Need to raise the capital gains rate......   :-)

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Not to my knowledge, but she is on her own during the days, so maybe.  Just a small 40 acre plot, sure am glad my operation is about 600 miles away.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I am happy that the aunt got a good price for her parcel.  A figure like that can carry a person for many years of retirement. 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

This particular aunt definitely needed something positive to happen in her life.  In the past 5 years she has lost a husband and a son, both to cancer.  We are extremely proud of her for not losing her faith and trying to maintain a positive outlook.  This extra income will with out a doubt enable her to have a more comfortable retirement.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I am sure she would give it all up, to hve those two beloved men back in her life.  A place doesn't mean all that much, without the people that make it home. 

A lot of talk has so focused on the price of dirt here lately...when so many other aspects of life matter so much more. 

0 Kudos