cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Ever remember de-regulation, credit defaut swaps, AIG, etc.??

This whole morass is why I would not endorse our Farm Credit Association CEO's idea to pursue the 'New Horizons" they wanted to get into a few years ago.  At least they only got struck with what's gone/goes wrong in ag for the most part. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Visitor

Re: It makes me wonder

Revocation of the Glass Steagall Act and the signing of the Community Redevelopment and Reinvestment Act added a lot of legal fuel to the fire. It was ridiculous when these realtors around here were asking $70,000-$80,000 for Sears Catalog kit houses: Two bedrooms and a one car garage (if you drive a subcompact car and want to enter/exit the car while it is in the garage).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: Ever remember de-regulation, credit defaut swaps, AIG, etc.??

I heard something about farm credit wanting to consolidate some of there regionals--anything to this?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: It makes me sad...

There are a lot of apartment houses on the outskirts of the larger towns. Will the buses continue to drive by if federal and state aid is slashed for public transportation? So many have a bad perception of riding the bus, but it sure beats driving on these icy streets.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: It makes me wonder

Kraft, it probably will be best for you not to wonder and think too much about government intervention....pretty soon you might open your eyes and realize that government is not the answer to every problem.

0 Kudos