cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: It seems like those that don't want to pay taxes have the power and influence

I disagree.

It is more like the argument, that if goods/services become too high from one provider, the consumer will search out another provider (or even stop buying that good/service), the company will search to move its operations to somewhere with a lower cost of business, or some combination of the above.  It is simple economics.   If the corporate tax were equal everywhere, there would be less incentive to move operations overseas.   However, if a company can produce a similar product, at a lower price somewhere else, simple economics would suggest that they do so.

Why do you think that GM is building factories in China, instead of Detroit?   It isn't due to a lack of available workers in Detroit.  It has to be something else.   I don't think it is any one thing, but a combination of things, that is driving them to do this.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: It seems like those that don't want to pay taxes have the power and influence

It is possible to both, have the best government that money can buy, and at the same time ----- Government that is a terrible investment.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Buick is selling tons of cars in China. That doesn't mean they will be importing Buicks from China but it does mean there is a potential for a huge increase in sales over there.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I don't think government is our enemy. I do not think our government makes our life worse. Neither do I think all the answers are aproduct of capitalism. I think that ideally there should be a melding of both. Let capitalism do what they do best. Let government do what it does best.

And if capitalism fails to provide a service the community needs, that is the place for government to step in. Health care being the most significant, because we cannot afford the profiteers and good health care both.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

But, Buick could be making cars in the US, and exporting them.  Why aren't they?
In Detroit, they have laid off union workers, who are experienced with making cars.    They have the empty buildings, that could be retrofitted, to new assembly lines.   Why do they not expand in the USA?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

And lets not forget --- those union members are now the owners of GM.

0 Kudos