cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: John Donahue _Ebay

i DID NOT say there should be no taxes. we need taxes to build infrastructure and run the govt. i pay income taxes and if i buy something from amazon as you say and they charge sales tax it doesn't come from their bottom line it comes from ME. if i don't buy anything then i pay NO SALES TAX.  do you pay a sales tax on the money you pay your custom farmer? i doubt it

0 Kudos
Advisor

thinking about it

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

No, it is not required by law. But then most states offer some exemptions for farm expenses.

0 Kudos
Advisor

then let's get the law changed so YOU can pay more taxes. it's the right thing to do

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Good for you. Then you have a right to critical because you participated

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Kraft, I still disagree. Obviously you've never been to an area for any length of duration other than possibly an extended visit that was primarily minority races. I'm not going to throw out any numbers because I don't have the correct figures. I lived in an area that the minority was actually the majority. Once again, nothing against the minorities here. Very few of them owned anything more than 1 vehicle that had property tax. I'm not buying that part of their apartment rental was a property tax fee. Who pays the property tax on that same apartment when it is unoccupied? That's right, the property owner, which in this city, fewer than 10% of the minority households were home owners according to a local census.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

So you are saying that real estate taxes are not a component in determining rental rates. That is interesting. Convince these farmer renters that if the landlords real estate taxes go up $5 an acre, he won't try to recover that with increased rental rates.

It isn't any different for a slum land lord or the landlord that owns that nice half section that you rent. They pass the costs of owning the property to the renter.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I don't oppose tax increases. In fact I pro.posed the expiration of all the Bush tax cuts. That would probably cost me more than you.

But beyond that a sales tax free online market place is inequitable taxation for the customers of local merchants.

How many thousands would online sales tax cost you anyways?

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Online sales tax wouldn't cost me much, a little but not much. I don't purchase much online. I'm not against it nor am I in favor of it. I guess that leaves me neutral. I don't think comparing farm rental rates to slum or low budget housing rental rates is a fair comparison. It would be the equivalent of comparing my Kansas farm land's production capability to my in laws in Iowa. Two completely different entities, both productive yes, but no where near being able to compare them. What I'm saying is that if we must have a tax increase it would equal for all if it were placed on sales tax (online included) rather than on property tax. Sales tax increases would also gain a few dollars from this countries illegal immigrants. How else would you get a dime out of them?
0 Kudos