cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Lineman appreciation day

I should`ve posted this yesterday April 18th.  But I want to thank the linemen and women that keep our lights on.  Work all night in terrible dangerous weather.  When the house is dark at 3 in the morning and you call in the outage and a half hour the trucks are driving by, sometime the poles are snapped and it takes days to get it all done, they stay with it until the lights come on. 

We couldn`t do what we do without them....or burn a lot of generator diesel   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Lineman appreciation day

B A    -  Excell  -  post  

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Lineman appreciation day

Thank you K-289.  I have a friend that`s a lineman and he tells the story of in school, one of the professors an ex-lineman was smoking a cigarette while teaching and this was when the anti smoking crazies really got going.   One of the students started lecturing him on "the daaaangers of smoking" , the professor looks at him and says "look one day you`ll be 40 feet in the air, lightening, high winds and right next to 66,000 volts....smoking will be the last thing that`ll kill ya"   Smiley Very Happy  

I tell you what, those guys are hardworkers, no fear what so ever and the nicest group you`ll ever run across.  

0 Kudos