cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

MOTHER'S DAY-DON'T FORGET TO WISH YOUR WIFE A HAPPY DAY!!!!!

I thought it would be good to post this as some guys may forget that it is Mother's Day today. At least take the wife out for a nice dinner tonight. I am taking my wife out for Barbuque pork ribs at a place she likes in the Twin Cities. Kinda of a hole-in-the-wall eating place, but they do have excellent Barbuque ribs and chicken. Also the kids like there Barbuque too. Also a dozen roses adds a nice touch, along with a card. I have been married for 27 years now, and my wife went though the very poor stage when all our money went to buy Iowa farmland back in the late-1980's to early 1990's. For her to put up with me buying all that farmland and having so very little money to spend for the first 10 years of us being married, I owe her a big thank-you. Many women, and more so City Women, would not have put up with me spending every last penny buying farmland. She was raised on an Iowa farm and knew that to buy farmland requires you to live on a very tight budget for many years. As you know, she came with a 160 acre Iowa farm with a CSR Rating of close to 90 when I married her. She let me mortgage all 160 acres as collateral to buy more farmland back in 1986, for her to allow that, since everyone was saying in 1986 that Iowa farmland was a terrible investment and you would go bankrupt, took alot of gut's on her part. For that, I am and always will be very grateful for her allowing me to follow a dream I had of owning an Iowa corn and soybean operation. Yes, I Custom Farm my land, but part of the deal was that she didn't want to live on one of the farms we owned, she wanted to live in the Twin Cities and raise the kids in a southern Twin Cities suburb. I wanted to farm the land myself, but marriage is a give and take arrangement. However, in 2 years after all the kids leave the house to attend college she is open to moving back to Iowa and building a house on one farm we own that has an absolutely perfect place to build a house, it sets on a slight hill and you can see for miles, and it has a small creek nearby. A perfect place for when the grandkids come visit when my kids get married some day. Yes, I am very excited about moving from a big-city back to Iowa and living on this one farm of ours. The only bad part is the 3-5 acres the house, yard, machine shed, grain bins, etc will take up is the best dirt on this farm, Nicolent Loam soil, a 93 CSR Rated soi. However, this is a very small price to pay to be able to finially get out of the rush-rush of the Big-City and move back to Iowa.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: MOTHER'S DAY-DON'T FORGET TO WISH YOUR WIFE A HAPPY DAY!!!!!

That's the dumbest thing I have seen you post yet-maybe?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: MOTHER'S DAY-DON'T FORGET TO WISH YOUR WIFE A HAPPY DAY!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment, kyu2852570. I appreciate you enjoying my posts!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

0 Kudos