cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimMeade
Veteran Advisor

Meat-Free Meat

Well, I stopped be the local food COOP, which I refer to as the Communist Food Store because they peddle not only food but philosophy, and was enlightened to see a whole case of products such as the one labeled Meat-Free Meat.

Now, what is the definition of meat, and if it is meat free, how is it meat, by definition?

What kind of people want to eat unmeat?  That is, something that they say is not  meat but they call meat?  If you want to eat unmeat, why don't you eat tofu or spinach or kumquats?  Why tell yourself if it is not meat?

I'm confused.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

Re: Meat-Free Meat

The people that want to eat meat-free meat are probably the same ones screaming against GMO crops.

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Jim - Interesting read, reminding me of the  '''' Whipped  Cream  ''' debate from back when ---

Now reading with interest the  '''ingredients ''''  of a  ''' container ''' of   kool  _ _ _ _ from the wife's  cashes of deep freeze items,  interesting to say the least / ?          

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Has nothing to do with the food...... It is all about image.

And   nothing says shallow and stupid like an overstated contradictory title.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Giving out samples of it at Costco yesterday, Supposed to be vegetarian burgers
Think it was just buggers
I was surprised at my wife's reaction to her taste of it,
I really thought she was going to spit it out on the floor.
0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

My  domestic  travels  through  the  48  &  2  bordering  Country's  -  I'm  amZed  at  the  different  variety's  of  taste  bud  reactions  I've  experienced ---

Mrs. Hobby  - THANKS  for  the  fore warning ,  Kinda  what  we  rural  folks  might  expect,  mountain oyster  response , maybe ---       

0 Kudos