cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Missouri issues farm chemical fines

Reuters News article reports Missouri has issued '' $145,125.oo '' fines against  8 folks in a improperly sprayed chemical application in 2016 ---

Could this action reflect on up-coming 2018 crop planting decisions ?  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Missouri issues farm chemical fines

Here is the Missouri release as to the breakdown.  This is just the initial batch, it seems.  this is an interesting one-page document.

http://agriculture.mo.gov/news/newsitem/uuid/80faff7c-31ba-43cf-ad35-3b933b4c402b/missouri-departmen...

I don't know about upcoming planting decisions. In some locations, it might.  Where there is a lot of soybeans and cotton, maybe one has to plant dicamba beans out of self-defense.  I don't know if one would change to corn or not.

0 Kudos
Advisor

My latest conversation with seed guys suggests a 99 percent use of Extend beans, with only one or two die-hards who resist using it.  I will use nothing but Extend.  Cotton folks are doing the same to control risk.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Monsanto may think it can get by with blackmailing farmers to use Extend soybeans in self-defense, but they may have more problems with the oak and other tree owners and the vegetable growers.  The farmer broohaha has raised enough issues to sensitize the non-farmers.  It will be interesting to see where this goes.

0 Kudos