cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

Monsanto Cuts 12% Work Force

Looks like Monsanto is following the lead of John Deere and other ag companies in cutting work forces in anticipation of reduced income.

I wonder if that will result in lower seed prices?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Monsanto Cuts 12% Work Force

With the big corporate structure cutting expenses will happen in order to lower prices of seed..... ..

Lets face it cutting expenses is what we are all thinking about.  We need to get real about it as well

So lower prices are possible....

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

'''  12 % '''  of  work  force  - interesting  golden  rice syndrome maybe ?

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

They say Monsanto stock is down 25%  how does that happen??  They`ve been soaking us for years with tech fees and jacking the price of Roundup.  They own most small seed companies already and have everyone brainwashed to plant all the DeKalb that they can afford, and soak tech fees on other company seed customers.

All I can figure is their Roundup is running out of juice(waterhemp marestail), which is why they wanted to buy Syngenta for their not totally yet tapped chemistry...I don`t think they really cared about Syngenta`s seed line up...Funks?  gimme a break.

That and the Big Shot customers that are left don`t pay full price for seed, the few suckers that are left that pay full price are getting fewer and fewer each year.  The "take 9.5% off if you pay by Oct 15th" doesn`t cut it anymore.

0 Kudos