cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonBailey64
Veteran Contributor

My dream hobby farm in miniatures.

These are the animals I would own if I had the means to create a hobby farm. I would prefer Suffolk sheep and all black rare Nera Verzasca goats, however. The breeds of my stock would depend upon what my eye fancies. I love black or mainly-black animals especially. I would have a certified-organic farm. No ear tags would be seen on any head of my livestock. No chemical fertilizers would be used, only manure or fish emulsion. No chemical pesticides would be used, only ladybugs. All animals would be bred by natural cover.  Also, throw in some fancy chickens. Rare barred Hollands. Hudans. Bantam Sebrights. Auracana laying hens. A multi-color Leghorn rooster to crow in the morning. A few honeybee hives.

hobby farm miiatures.png
dream farm.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: My dream hobby farm in miniatures.

If you won the lottery how many acres would you buy and in what state?

0 Kudos
JonBailey64
Veteran Contributor

Re: My dream hobby farm in miniatures.

Well, perhaps a whole section of land, at least, I gather that it is 640 acres.

What state? Maybe, northern California. I would run a certified-organic farm. I would plant enough hay crop acreage to feed all my livestock. I would probably also produce enough cereal grain crops to produce the straw for bedding as well and perhaps the livestock's fodder/silage. My livestock: cattle, goats, horses, asses and sheep would also have some green pasture for forage/grazing. 

My produce crops might include: apples, cherries, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, spinach, beans, corn, wheat, barley, oats, peaches, apricots. 

I would be a safety-conscious farmer and never subject underage children to any hazardous work. 

0 Kudos