cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Next Secretary of Agriculture?

''''   As   Written  ''''   agreed    like   GIPSA   maybeeeee - or  is the subject ''' reserved '''' for election year only discussion  ?  

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Next Secretary of Agriculture?

The SecAg is part of the executive function of government which is headed by the president.  Why wish for gridlock within the executive part?  The thing to do is to change the executive.

Congress can write very specific laws if it wants, also.

My point remains that SecAg is important to all of us and we might care who is picked.  There is nothing to prevent us individually or thorugh our ag pressure groups from giving our opinion ot whomever becomes president.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

John Boyd Will Take The Job

"JOHN BOYD 'UP FOR THE TASK' OF AG SECRETARY: John Boyd, the founder of the National Black Farmers Association, has a not-so-subtle message for Hillaryland: He wants to be her Agriculture secretary. "I have expertise on running a small-scale farm," Boyd tells MA. "I'd be up for the task, and I think USDA needs a breath of fresh air.""

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: John Boyd Will Take The Job

Now Jim,  what were you saying about the Sec. of AG. being an honorable and important position??  Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SW, you're being mean, real mean.  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

A little discouraged this year.... and I agree with you congress has a lot to answer for and little to show in accomplishment....

However well meaning a bill is, the wording of its content shows the weakness of our educational system and our country wide desire to hire someone else to do it.....

We can see where congress spends its time everytime one of them steps to the microphone... new tans, face lifts, and late for a jet flight to somewhere... and not time enough formulate whatever it was they said into the microphone...... I doubt any multiterm congressman or woman has gotten any writers cramps in the last 20 years...

Most of the laws are written by the corporate staff or special interest group served by the bill.

So it is very tempting for the administration to trash a farm bill and rewrite it to their liking.  In 1996, who noticed besides a few of us at the local level...  The Clinton staff had the farm bill redefined in the details, and congress didn't care...

I just get even more upset when I read contributors here who are happy as long as congress is passing new legislation....  No one cares about the quality of the content of those bills.  In fact they will approve of anything as long as they get their own little payoff.... 

......................ok thats enough........... time to decide which crook to vote for...

0 Kudos