cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Peter Schiff (the good Schiff) talks the Dow

This was from Sept 19, 2017.   Perhaps Jerome Powell will do what Mueller can`t?    One thing you have to remember and I shouldn`t have to tell a farmer, is that markets never go straight up.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14309564/1/federal-reserve-system.html  

Despite its independence, the Federal Reserve may quietly want a bear market that takes down a president that loves tweeting about the stock market.

Peter Schiff, CEO of Euro Pacific Capital, told TheStreet the "[Janet] Yellen put" in the markets could expire under President Trump. "I don't know if the Fed has much love for Trump," he said, adding that the Fed had the markets' back during the Obama Administration.

"Maybe the Fed would be happy to see a bear market that could be blamed on Trump." Schiff thinks the markets could easily correct 20%.

One black swan event Schiff sees is the notion of investors abandoning the euphoria over Trump's presidency, which helped fuel the stock market rally this year.

"We've had a huge move up since the election of Trump even though prior to the election the expectation was if Trump won it [would be a disaster for markets]," he said.

When asked if the two straight quarters of double-digit earnings growth has sparked the rally in stocks this year, as opposed to solely Trump, Schiff pointed to earnings headwinds in the retail sector.

The Federal Reserve is scheduled to meet later this week

Watch the full interview with Peter Schiff:

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Peter Schiff (the good Schiff) talks the Dow

KEY   WORD  IS   ''''MAY''' -  where was this guy & article for the news before today ---  FREE  MARKETS  are always fun on the way up  with  '' boasting '' being a cruel, unforgiving, reality on the  '' retreat bugle ''' rings out ---

Teeter totter investments mannerism's on display, with  UNCOVER-ABLE - LONG - ''' MARGIN  CALL '''  accounts getting hammered as some news accountants have divulged ---

''Fundamentals'' are being '' ignored ''  being the statements on all business news organization's ( I even watch Fox Business ) , REALLY - YUR KID'n - fake newz doesn't seem be be a water- mark excuse this time - humm ---          

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

K-289, I don`t know what you mean by "where was this guy before today...?" Peter Schiff has been warning that the "Dow is in a bubble and Trump is making a mistake hitching his wagon to it" for a year or more now.   It hasn`t been a popular side to have being a Conservative and with the Dow hitting new records nearly weekly.   I don`t know, maybe algorithms will "correct" the market into the 20% bear market range (which would still be higher than November 8, 2016).  Or maybe we`ll be flirting with 30,000 Dow in May.   I don`t know, I do know that if I knew, I wouldn`t be driving a truck to South Sioux City in 11 below weather   Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_JlrsTs3cg

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

HUMBLE  PIE  is hard to digest , maybe long  ''Peto - Bizzmal'', RoLLaids,  TumZ , & even James Beem  might be the call > ? >?  

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA  - I've  been  looking  for  this  article  mention  in  a  speech's  given  by  Commander In Chief -  no mention of this   ( good  Schiff )  the last 6 months ? ?    

0 Kudos