cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Picture this outside your window

Youngest daughter posted this to FB from a friend near the beach...a portrait of Irene.  Irene

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: Picture this outside your window

YIKES!

That looks sort of like the 'wall cloud' that means a tornado might be on the way, only it reaches to the horizon!

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

I hope I never know....

Rode out with daughter late this afternoon, t do banking and pick up some electrical repair parts at Lowe's. My first view of my beaten path past the end of the farm..as far as I had been since Thursday was to our old store at the far cornwr of the place, to see how it had fared.

Trees were uprooted and broken off everywhere. Some still laid across electric lines. County seat was dark and basically boarded up on our outward trip, but traffic signal at its center was back lit up three hours later,and convenience marts were starting to open for business.

She got a call saying that a friend who works for our electric co-op was heading up a crew on the highway just past the farm, so we rode down, to see if he could guesstimate when we would get back onto the grid. Crews are witting in time to be back at their HQ to eat by eight p.m.,
He said the neighboring county actually had tornado activity again today...all we got was thudenrstorms. I guess there, it is being torn up about as fast as they can fix it. We hope to get back to normal tomorrow, and get to see how much file these several days on gensets has set us back.
0 Kudos
Rob SC NE
Contributor

Wow, that's an amazing photo, Kay. Thanks for sharing. We get some big fierce-looking clouds here in Nebraska, but I've never seen one quite like that. -- Rob

0 Kudos