cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belarus
Senior Contributor

Re: Policies to benefit rural America

Jump to solution

I think Nox is asking why the taxpayer dollars are encouraging this consolidation?

0 Kudos
belarus
Senior Contributor

Re: Recipe for cheap food, Nox.

Jump to solution

Its hard to defend an ethanol policy.  It doesn't produce any net energy.  Drove feed and food costs through the roof.  And didn't make a dent in our fuel usage in the USA.  Yes, it was great for crop farmers.  

0 Kudos
belarus
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

In the rest of the world that marginal corn ground would be in managed grazing producing as many pounds per acre of milk, beef, lamb, or goat as the resulting corn could ever produce at a lower cost of production.    And I'm not talking about niche marketed grass-fed animals.  I'm talking about the commodity market.  

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution
Belarus, did you think that by producing more fuel we were going to use less? Your comment is misleading. I agree that the subsidized market needs to have some stipulations in order to utilize the dollars in the most economical method. Planting a high dollar crop in a marginal subsidized acre doesn't make sense, but raising meat or a different commodity could and should be a consideration. Until the government puts a stop to this, it will continue as it has for the last several years, but what else do you expect from a group of politicians that give 80,000 people a 3 week paid vacation before they vote themselves a raise. Don't fault the player, fault the dealer. You would probably have your hands open as well if you were eligible.
0 Kudos