cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Projecting record yield 4 years out?????

Inflation has to be feeling really confused right now...everyone in the government says it doesn't exist.

It is the Loch Ness Monster of every family's budget planning, though. We all see it, lurking in the aisles of the grocery store, when we pay as much for ten or twelve ounces of product in a package that used to hold a pound. You can catch glimpses of it when you buy hard quantity items like a dozen eggs, but everyone in a position of power will deny what we know we saw.

It is the Sasquatch that sucks the fun out of family travel at the gas pump...the unicorn that just jacked everyone up over propane prices, ignoring contracted price limits.

It is the leprechaun that just increased our electric cooperative's rates by almost eight percent. Somehow, I suspect it is the troll that continues to cause our property values to " rise", so that local government can justify ever - higher property taxes, to cover costs similarly escalated by a force that isn't there.

I am pretty sure Inflation is the fairy that is making all of your input prices climb skyward - in the words of my old Econ professor - " like a homesick angel". It is a figment of your overactive imagination. Your journey through Oz is not going to end with you clicking the heels of your ruby slippers.

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!

Senior Advisor

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters

I would Kay --- But one of them Died yesterday  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Advisor

Not to beat a dead horse, but the projection that was presented to Congress for the ethanol program had record yields forever, into perpetuity.

Good to know they have a ruler, though, and can align it with sharp upward bias to the right.

Which in all fairness, wasn't USDA.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

My homage to Ramis..A very funny man.
0 Kudos