cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Psssst! Guys...

...don't forget to kiss your Valentine today!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Psssst! Guys...

This morning, I pretended I didn't know what day it was.  She had to run an errand, so I went out extra early to check the cattle.  I got back, just in time to watch the 3 year old, before she took the 5 year old to meet the bus.  Basically said 'hi' in the hallway.  When she got back from meeting the bus, and getting her stuff ready for the errand, there was a card, and small jewelry box on the table. 

She said she's glad she didn't kuff me in the hallway for forgetting!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: That was the second thought I had this morning

First thought? Gee my bladder is full!   Ha!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Did that a half dozen times before leaving home, Kay.  Even took her to a Valentine's banquet two days before to ease the pain of separation when I had to leave this a.m. for a meeting in another state.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Crummy timing for that conference, Smokey. 

We had tickets for a fundraising dinner, for our favorite local charity.  Have done that for several years now; but,with Mike's sciatica in high gear, the most loving thing to do was tell them to sell our tickets twice, and stay home. 

We have agreed to go mattress shopping tomorrow, after his chiropractic agjustment.  Made our first research sweep on Monday, and are trying to settle on the decision between two. 

We've been told to lie down on each one for 20 minutes, which simulates a whole night's sleep.  Important decision, given their cost.  I expectt that will be our gift to each other this year. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

My wife has a habit of getting up early and getting ready for the day way before i do.  so i shook off all of her hints for the past week or so like they were nothing. At about midnight or so i slipped downstairs and got the flower arrangement out that i had bought and hidden on monday evening along with a card and those favorite chocolate candies. The first time she went down she didnt even notice them on the table. After she went down and came back up again she was so surprised and felt so bad for missing them the first time she had made my favorite oatmeal and brought up to bed to me! Haha i dont know if thats right or not but ill take it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

oatmeal doesn't sound like she was too  appreciative. And dessert?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Mind you this was about 6 in the morning.......she made homemade apple pie that night.

0 Kudos