cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Psst, Here`s a hot tip...Winnebago.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2710307665001/winnebago-rvs-still-running-strong-since-1958/?intcmp=o...  

Winnebago in it`s heyday made more millionaires in Forest City per capita anyother zip code (no, I really can`t back that up  🙂  )    But it was pretty impressive in the 70`s.  Founder John K Hanson would get up and give a inspirational speech and the stock would go up and split, 16 times I believe.

Winnebago split a few years ago, 5 or so.  Now this analyst is saying Winnebago will make a run over 30.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Psst, Here`s a hot tip...Winnebago.

I had winnebago stock for 6 years. Bot at $6 sold at $2. Less than 6 months later John Hanson came back to the company and the price shot to $16 dollars. Such is my experience on the stock exchange.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Sorry Don, sounds like you were zigging when you shoulda been "zagging" with Winnebago stock.  John K would have Socrates sessions with local members of the Norwegian Mafia and give them a little heads up on what was coming down the pipe. John K was quite a promoter, with only Ronald Reagan as a peer 🙂

http://www.rvlife.com/featured-articles/special/62-the-little-town-that-could-the-winnebago-story.ht...

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

The local Ford dealer from which we bought the dealership tells the tale of John Hanson buying a new ford car from him. I don't remember the year but yohn wanter to pay him with share of stock. In those days a new ford cost around $2000. If he had taken the stock and kept it he would have been a small town millionaire from selling one car!

0 Kudos
old man
Senior Contributor

And if I had bought Microsoft, or Berkshire Hathaway at the right time, I would be worth hundreds of millions. I do not dwell on what I should have done

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Yes it is not that long ago that berkshire hathaway ws trading for $70K per share. One share could have made you $100Kin two or three years time. I hope you are riding that boat with warren.

0 Kudos
old man
Senior Contributor

N o, but my IRA's are nearly that good

0 Kudos
old man
Senior Contributor

Better yet, I would say that I have beat the rate of inflation on my IRA

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I would probably like the stock market if I ever had any degree of success. Unlike you my record has been dismal to say the least!

0 Kudos