cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Quick user poll conducted by Shaggy

Just about every week I use texting to talk to my Custom Operators. Texting and E-mail has pretty much replaced actualy talking to them by voice phone calls.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Receive several market messages every business day.  Send half a dozen a week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Good catch Jim, I forgot that ----- local elevrs send market updates by text as well.

We have several in our crew and we use text a lot.  At least you can get a message to a guy who is on his phone a lot on a tractor and not have to battle his social crowd.  Or his heart throb.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Point about texts in low signal territory, or even in decent area when you are inside a metal building ( hog house, hay barn, farm shop, etc.), is spot-on here.   I can almost always reach my crew by text, even when a call won't go through. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Thanks for the replies.  I use to not text hardly at all until I updated my cell plan a couple years ago and bought my first smart phone.  Now I probably use text messages just as much as I do actual phone calls.  Like most said, text are quick especially if it concerns a topic that doesn't necessarily need a voice conversation.  I've got a list of people that I know prefer texts instead of a call and vice versa.  I try to communicate accordingly.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

With Android OS and its great voice recognition, I hardly have to type in a text anymore, either.  It can struggle with days  when I am in my Carolina accent mode, but understands my Virginia dialect almost perfectly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yep I understand Kay.  I've got a Droid as well and the voice recognition works very well most of the time.  I always proof read every text however, every now and then it will make you scratch your head and say where did that come from.

There is a website that is solely about missed voice to text messages and auto-correct.  I can't remember what it's called, but there are some real knee slapers on there.  And to think these were text messages that were actually sent.  Priceless.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

There are times when auto correct in DROID or iPad can drive me crazy. The other thing is that if you forget to end your entry, the DROID will keep typing everything you say. Those can be some scary texts, for sure.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Like a child ---------------------- there are words coming out that you did not teach it.

0 Kudos