cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Reporter writing about labor shortages

Excuse me! I thought these folks were discussing the difficulty of hiring qualified people to work. I didn't know the objective is to make everybody work. I'm not for that. I sitting on my butt taking life easy and I am not about to clean your hog pens or cattle lots.

I believe that capitalism is supposed to work for everybody. I don't think anyone has an obligation to work for a mere pittance. Government has provided a safety net so that people wouldn't have to be enslaved in dead end jobs. I suppose you think those poor souls are just sitting there waiting for your call. Well they have been trying to find work and there is probably 50 apps for every job unless its a low paying menial labor job. A job with no future and a paltry meal ticket.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Do you personally know ne person with a free cell phone.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

So you don't beleive in competing in the market place? You won't hire anyone that already has a job?

You won't rent a farm if a landlord already has a tenant? So you don't really beleive in capitalism,Eh!

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

So how is a worker suppose to improve his lot in life if employers won't hire you if your already have a job. The foor sweeper is doomed to sweep floors his whole life because no one else will offer him a job. I suppose that is logical to some folks.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

I have not had to be a cutthroat to succeed at farming. I do not equate that with capitalism.
0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

So it is cut throat to hire an employee that currently has a job? Yeah it just wouldn't be right to offer a hamburger flipper a better job!

Do you have any understanding about businesses and how they add personel?

0 Kudos
dennymal
Veteran Contributor

I have to agree with Kraft-Hire someone already trained. I find it hard to believe if you are giving an employee that much extra(1-2 times than the competition) you should never have an opening to begin with. I pay my help well and nobody leaves.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

I hire people eho already have jobs, just not people who work for my neighbors. That is my choice...free country, I know people eho do it, and I think they are sorry bastards.
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Hard to explain...last guy was our choice for him to go. A couple of brief, bad hires in between, giving our daughter her first hiring experiences, letting her make her own mistakes. She finally found one that is working out for her and us.

You guys do a different thing in a different region. Probably best not to judge what you don't know or have experience to understand.
0 Kudos
dennymal
Veteran Contributor

What is the difference-so you penalize the guy that is working for your neighbor that wants to better himself. Business is business.

0 Kudos