cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

SYSCO Foods WARNING

SYSCO  Food  Dist.  today  warned  of  increasing  retail  pressure  and  reported  earnings  erosion  due  to  increased  transportation  &  other  fixed  costs  -   -  -

The  stock  traded  lower  at  -6%  TO  11%  during  trading  session  today    -  Hmmmm   -  shipping  costs  starting  to  mysteriously  appear  -  IMaGIN   tHAt  -   -   -

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: SYSCO Foods WARNING

Well there`s a truck driver shortage, that plays in there.  Some of these cities have a $15 minimum wage, perhaps that cost is amortized among their other sites.   Tis a pity they can`t blame tariffs?   Smiley Happy   

Maybe they bought back shares to shore up stock prices with their stash of cash? Stock buybacks aren`t unheard of.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

If  the  $15.oo  /  hour  was  their  only  problem  -  that's  somewhat  easy to  solve  -   -   -

Cheap  logistics  are  becoming  a  faint  memory ,  while  the   ''' new '''  corporate  tax  relief  package ,  profits  margins  should  be  a  shining  beacon ?      

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The inflation of regulated commerce that saves the imaginary environment is just beginning. We have seen 10years so far with another 30 to go.

And----- I didn't realize sysco cared...... Or maybe they don't.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

The  reality  set  in  when  the  stock  that's  traded  on  the  exchanges  witnessed  ''  deflation ''  -   -   -

Regulating  commerce  affect's  on  this  being  ?   -  I'm  puzzled  ?  The  A T A  has  the  strangle  hold  on  actions  of   D O T  -   -   -  

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Sw  -  A  T  A   - American  Trucking  Asso.   lobby  charm   $$$$  at  work  -   -   -

I'm  puzzled  that  NuCor  Steel  stock  hasn't  had  a  big  run  up  in  pricing ,  due  to  tariff  actions   ?    

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

We voted -----we need those new old truck buyers coming in from the hike. 

Nancy has it under control now... I know for a fact that boxed beef rides to the store in style........But sell some grain of any kind and see what drives in to pick it up......

more technical (its good for you) federal mandates are on the way 

And Kansas is saved....Teaches union will now  fix the state debt from those unfunded mandates.  We saved a lot of money not teaching government or accounting to 80% of the voters.

By the way ....... I checked to see which midwest states had no debt ..... before 2008 I am sure there was some pride left in the middle.  Now 

the federal Pox is being distributed very evenly ----- these days North dakota, Vermont and Wyoming lead the thrifty with just under 10 billion each in debt.  With those geniuses in california winning the debt prize with nearly 800 billion in growing debt (twice NY or Illinois(or Ohio at 321 billion-Texas at 341B. )  the california coast will lead the house now and lead the country in tax avoidance.

But it is easy to say "look at those guys" with the big debt but lets all take our share ----look at it per capita

Simpler put....... Per Capita...... State debt is everywhere and has only 7 states holding state debt below 10K per living resident. --Tennessee, Nebr., Indiana, Wisc., South Dakota, Arizona, Idaho.

Only 9 states over $20,000 pe person ---- Alaska 40+K, Hawaii 33+k, Conn 31+k, Ohio 27.8, Illinois, 24.9k, New Jersey 24.1k, New Mex. 24k, Oregon 22.2k, California 20.4k.......................

The rest with kansas at 14K are somewhere between.  10,000 per person and 20,000.... State only debt.

So add that to the $58,400. we each owe for federal debt and the 2,500 per year interest on our share and stop celebrating another election.

News media sounded like happy fools and enjoyed the extra hours pay.

Otherwise 1 I was glad to see local issues drive some races.

2 glad to see a few new faces in the galary.  Mr Crow in Colorado was refreshingly humble and the new senator in Missouri seemed to have a grip.

3. Glad to see that at least one state(probably 4) punished a candiate for not taking a stand, and another state reward one who took that lonely stand to dissagree with the bully party leadership. 

4  glad to see the respect for those who just do the job and enjoy going back home to enjoy the folks they serve.  For a couple of reasons I watched the new england voters closer this year --- a land where winners are elected not appointed by a national syndicate of money laundering, and not recruited like a baseball player or a preacher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is an ag business topic that affects every cash flow statement.  PM me if you need this explained .... moderator...I'll send some visual aides.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SW  -  Great  Write  -  putting  more  on  the  credit  card  - and  kicking  the  ole  crumpled  can  again  -  -  -

Tax  Cut   or  Cuts   OR ,  Death  by  a  1000  cuts  -  maybe  -  -  - 

Consolidation   -  that  word  needs  to  redefined  - maybe -  for  sure -  due  to  consolidation  of  lobby  charm  $$$$$  with  the  repercussions  being  addressed  by  the  experts  -   -   -

Con  solidation   - the action of  making  something  stronger  or  more  solid   -  hmmmm  -   -   -

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Debt -----now is the time for evaluation, today while we can still find the mortgages.   --- Mr Crow in Colorado -- just won and lost at the same time,  He is an army Ranger, and he thinks he is an American/Coloradian.  And he is ,  but now he has a 24 million dollar indebtedness to a party leadership he occasionally disagrees with.  In a suburban Denver district 

Will he become a statesman or just a party member?   

At least with the newly elected there is hope. 

An argument against term limits.....................term limits are the responsibility of the voter....we are deminishing the value of the vote when we legislate term limits.  The vote is the opportunity to disagree with the lobbyists.

How a representative responds to lobbyists and party line should be a concern for the voter.... all politics is local.....if the voter pays attention..

IMO   the topic question here was a good one for agriculture ..... and Sysco's statement was probably somewhat political, yet something we should all know already.  Every new trucking regulation or safety requirement, or weight classification, or emissions idea is passed on in freight cost increases.  The one thing that goes up faster than the stock market and the projections for corn yields is the level and scope of government regulations. = higher costs.

0 Kudos