cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rswfarms
Senior Contributor

Re: Sen. Cochran: Ag committee faces 'difficult choices'/Farm Bill/Faust

My new son-in-law?????? Pretty funny, but the daughter doesn't even have a boyfriend yet!!!! And I want to keep it that way till she finishes her college education!!!!!! LOL

I don't trust any boys under the age of 30 at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that 80 acre farm I am trying to buy will be part of my daughters dowry. I think this 80 I am trying to buy will take at least $1 Million dollars to get. Yes, my daughters husband will be walking into a hell of a deal if he wants to farm. He will have alot of land handed to him on a silver tray. That's the problem with farming today and these high farmland prices, it makes it extremely difficult for the young beginning farmers. Can you imagine the price it would take today if we had to put our farm operations together at $14,000/acre? Just gives me a headache just thinking about it. I still remember back to 1986 when I bought a very nice 80 acre farm for only $100,000, and today you are looking at $1 Million, an awful big difference. Somehow, I think my daughter will marry some city boy that is training to be an accountant so they will not live on the farms. But you never know, maybe she will marry an Iowa farmboy, that would be very nice. Either way, the new possible daughters husband will be walking into a hell of a deal. The darn kid better not screw up my farm operation!!!!!!!  

0 Kudos
Bugeye
Senior Contributor

She will probably end up married to some bean counter from Apple Core Monnesota who spends most of his time making an asberger of himself.
0 Kudos
rswfarms
Senior Contributor

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty funny there SES. But bean counters can make a pretty good salary working for Best Buy, Cargill, etc. and some of the other big companies in the Twin Cities. As long as he has a job and can produce some grandchilden for me, I will hire him to marry my daughter!!!!!! It would be nice if he was an Iowa farmboy, but I can accept a city boy for the husband job too.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

YOU kinda of stepped in it with the  "  80  " number better hope they don't raise the bar -::Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
rswfarms
Senior Contributor

Yes, I stepped into it on the 80 acre number. My daughter has been accepted into one of the best Nursing Program/Colleges in the Midwest. She will be going into Nursing after she finishes high school this year. What to know the cost? $42,000/year, but she got a $10,000/year scholarship for good grades in high school so my out-of-pocket cost per year is only $32,000/year, still a hefty cost for Nursing School. Maybe she will marry a Doctor!!!!!! That will be worth the $32,000 tuition per year if she can snag some rich Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos