cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Should I Renew Farm Bureau Membership?

The catch BA is that lobbyists(FB for example) are moe easily manipulated and bought off than the voters are.......

And often do not represent the best for their members. (or have conflicts in affiliation)

I offer the 2016 election as an example-------

If a question of the lesser of two evils comes up ---- I support the voters over their  paid lobbying groups, who's opinions are for sale.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

SW, that`s why I don`t have much time for the American Farm Bureau.   Now I`m sorry in advance because I know you kinda like Bigshot farming, but the AFBF has these Bigshot southerner "farmers" that have 10s of thousand acres in rice and cotton like Bob Stallman.   Well, they want no limits on crop subsidies and that doesn`t sit well with a 1100 acre Iowa corn farmer, FB member, we don`t want our carpetbagger 20,000, 30,000 acre competition coming in here with the same safety nets that we have.

Then the Foghorn Leghorn Bigshots want open immigration for cheap labor on their plantations..."Just like great great granddaddy Belvedere had in the good ol` days of the 1840`s don`t ya know".   Then when you have a large plantation all that production has to be exported , so they want free trade with no regard for the rest of the "Yankee`s economy....heck with them Yanks!" .

But at the county level, the Farm Bureau does a lot of good.  Like if the county wants to sneak through a $9 million courthouse or a $3 million new jail, the Farm Bureau gets the supervisors and auditors and county engineers and managers in and rakes them over the coals.   And if it isn`t a good idea, then the public is made aware of it.   Without these taxpayer watchdog groups like the Farm Bureau, it would break the counties, no one in many cases hold county officials accountable for their crazy spending.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Our local directors are asleep at the wheel then, two medical clinics, a hospital, NO on the wind generation that would have proven good, got it one county south, and now WE own a damned golf course with money from economic development, which had the money, so someone has been paying to much in taxes if there is that kind of money

just waiting to be wasted. Oh yes, and ONE Regional air port so obummer could land if he needed to.  Now they are all running around asking what happened! We could have gotten buy with an airstrip 1/5 the size of this outlandish monstrosity out in the middle of the country.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Basset, all county board of directors aren`t created equally   Smiley Happy   

But, you know it`s funny the mover & shakers in the community say "We need a new courthouse or the state inspector is gonna shut us down!!!  Cause there ain`t a elevator for gimpy people to git to the second floor" .   Then they put it to a vote and the people turn it down, then they try again, but a couple million cheaper, but this time "we`re really serious the state is gonna shut us down, the gimpy people can`t git to the second floor to git their handicap parking sticker!!!"   Well...you know these courthouse workers are paid pretty good, cant they put a buzzer in and a gimpy person needs something they can buzz down a worker to help them?    or maybe if they climbed a few stairs that would be good for them....Oh I know "Lawyers Lawsuits falling down stairs"...Okay how much do we have to spend on this Taj Mahal courthouse??   $9 million, sure put it on my taxes the next 30 years!

But we build new courthouses, new jails, new schools and our counties lose population.   The people move out or die, but the taxes on these swell buildings is right there on the taxes every September and March 1st.  

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA   -   EXPERT  Economic  Development   101  -  maybe  ?   

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Well let's see

A couple years ago, clear line energy wanted to come thru, we had

A big meeting, had kla, fb and others there.. Well the fb man got

Up and said that the policy made is that fb supports wind development..

Which included clean line energy....the law just about had to walk

Him out for his safety.

This year I had a lot of vandal damage...one pickup had full coverage.

The windows were broken out, tool box broken stuff taken, etc.

I turned in claim to agent, also said I wanted to use the reward

Program.,..the night it happened we got several inches of rain

So had a lot of damage...never heard from anyone for over a month

Then got a snotty letter, saying they were closing the claim....

So I go to agent....oh they have been calling... I said here is my

Phone...no fb call....oh they are in Iowa...I said I do business in ks

And why didn't you call ?

So I call Iowa...I said they come out....no, we don't..you have to take

It to a body shop..at the way it is you don't drive it..oh then they say

Oh its not operable... Why did you insure it...

I told them it has less than 90,000 miles

Then I asked about tool box and tools...oh that's personal property...

So I called my other carrier, the agent asked did you use the tools

For the farm...of course...oh then not covered..business

Oh the reward fund...I called several times.....nothing yet...never

Contacted

Its been 3 months

This past year, theft, vandals and property damagage, over $40,000

And I haven't got a check yet...

Oh the local law....well you can leave stuff at the different farms...

Your just asking for it.

Funny...my fb is due tomarrow...I'll renew, because I have not had

Time to shop, and one agent told me good luck with the

Losses.in getting a carrier.

Wonder why I'm cranky ?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

ElCheapo, quit Farm Bureau and join NFO.  Get your car insurance from Geico, they shop around and you`ll be happier.   But if you take your business else where, you`ll maybe break Farm Bureau Insurance   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA   -  Guess   who  is  marketing   a  NEW   '''  Medica  ''''  health   insurance   option  policy  ?

Seems  this  option  was  available  due  to  Obama  Care  offerings  a  couple  years  back  in  the Midwest  -  very,  very  interesting  -   -    -

Ancient  Chinese  Secret  -  maybe ?     

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

You mean the "Obamacare" that promised to cut premiums $2500 only to triple most people`s insurance costs?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Get   your  90  day  policy  yet  ? 

0 Kudos