cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

So now Miller Coors is suing Bud Lite.

I thought Miller was all cocky "Thanks for the free advertising Bud!" and farmers were drinking Coors and all was right with the world?  Farmers liked the Coors, because they bragged about "corn syrup", now kind of a lefthanded move they`re saying whoa! we don`t have high fructose corn syrup ...it`s just corn syrup, so we`re suing!".  So, Coors is throwing HFCS under the bus. Farmers might have to become teatotalers (like me) or switch to the hard stuff  Smiley Happy

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/21/millercoors-sues-anheuser-busch-for-its-bud-light-super-bowl-ad.html

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: So now Miller Coors is suing Bud Lite.

We love to fight it out in court...... but I doubt this fight will make the final 4.  or even the national lampoon

Ironic to think we are going to claim "truth in advertising" (one of those laws we destroyed long ago)  over a super bowl commercial.

Remember when applle threw the hammer through the video screen....... well end result of that was gluing every americans face to one.  ---- freeing the zombies to think.... end result was americans being zombies to apple products.

Been watching folks eat fast food hamburgers for years ---still haven't seen the promised love goddess .

I doubt that ad had any affect on the corn market or the view of row crop farmers.    The west coast will say anything to elevate their own egos and it won't matter as long as we don't interrupt their source of cocaine.  (or its high fructose corn syrup content)

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

SW, JMO but Budweiser said in their ad that they didn`t have corn syrup but Coors did.  Well, so what? We all have our favorite brands, tastes and dislikes.  Henry Ford said his Model T came in any color you want so long as you want black.. Well that`s fine, other car companies came along with blue and red cars.  I suppose they had ads showing a blue paint truck going to Ford and Ford rejected it because "we only use black paint"   Smiley Happy

Advertising 101 says showcase what sets YOUR product apart..Tide gets your clothes 30% cleaner, do we take the Tide laundry soap company to court because they claim their soap is 30% better? Smiley Very Happy   are things really that messed up.

Bud said they don`t use corn syrup but Coors does...they didn`t said "corn syrup  causes cancer" or anything.   It`s like "GMO free Quaker Oats" well, oats aren`t GMO.   Or "GMO free Delos motor oil"...let`s sue Chevron because they don`t have GMOs in their oil

Veteran Advisor

All  this  while  the  wholesale  providers  (  growers )  take  the  brunt  of  the  storm -  ?

Why  isn't  there  a  NON- GMO  board  (  paddling  stick ) of  trade  -   with  head  quarters ,  in   a  real  rural  location,  not  Chicago  or  waLL  Street  - ? 

Delivery  points  every  50  miles -  ? 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Also,  How  do  you  milk  an  almond   or  a  coconut  -  ? Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

USA is kinda " Carney ", only in the usa

Can folks be sued for Truthfull Advertising.

kinda funny really.

Honored Advisor

Re: USA is kinda " Carney ", only in the usa

I think you mean "folks can be sued for false advertising" but I get your point.  If Bud has a ad saying they don`t have corn syrup and they don`t.  And they say Coors does have corn syrup and they do.  Excuse me, I don`t see where there`s any basis for a suit. Just a few weeks ago Coors was fist bumping, high fiving, chest bumping and saying "Why yes we do have corn syrup and we like it...thanks for the free advertising Budweiser ....and Boo Ya!".   Well, now it`s "That`s a dirty rotten lie!  We`re suing!"  ....did they celebrate too soon over at Miller Coors?   South of Minneapolis on I-35 by Buck Hill I think, Budweiser has a big ol` billboard touting "no corn syrup" so Bud isn`t exactly backing away from their ad campaign.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I think of everything to get all in a tizzy about, going after "almond milk" is probably a hill worth dying on.   But I will say when I was a kid 50 years ago, we called and everybody called the water in a coconut, "coconut milk" but that was before everyone got so hyper-sensitized and knew what bathrooms to use and such.

Here`s a video on milking almonds   Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERjU6-IdOok

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Well I will get sued for this but there will be a non gmo board of trade when there is actually a market for it.... right now there is only an advertising market...............and a trap for us guys who think skamming the lunch money from slow learners is profitable.

And to be fair I will say this........ as much as it irritates me to here self appointed "dieticians" proclaim to be smarter than a medical MD and promote false claims from every organic oriface...........I am just as disturbed to see large international "chemical/food" conglomerates like Bayer offering cheap inputs and special benefits to the largest producers trying to encourage their allegiance into and past marketing including sharing of all data technology  basically becoming a grower for them.

It comes across as an end run around our present system in several ways.  Which might deserve it.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Milking  coconuts  should  get  an   Academy  Award  -   BEST  EVERYTHING  - Smiley LOL

0 Kudos