- Agriculture.com Community
- Announcements & Forum Help
- Farm Business
- Young & Beginning Farmers
- Cattle Talk
- Crop Talk
- Hog Talk
- Machinery Talk
- Machinery Marketplace
- Shops, buildings and bins
- Ask the SF Engineman!
- Computers & more
- Precision Agriculture
- People & Rural Life
- Ag Forum
- Women In Ag
- Agriculture.com Blogs
- Your Farm in the Future
- Women in Ag: Lisa Foust Prater
- Women in Ag: Brenda Frketich
- Women in Ag: Anne Miller
- Women in Ag: Jennifer Dewey
- Women in Ag: Talkin' Turkey with Lara Durben
- Women in Ag: Heather Lifsey Barnes
a week ago
Late on Friday, Nucor announced a $35 a ton or 1.75 cwt. increase on beams and all mini mill products.
We expect all of the other major mills to follow suit.
Here is a summary of increases since last fall:
Total Plate increases announced of $330 a ton or 16.50 cwt.
Total Sheet, Coil, and Strip Mill Plate increases announced of $220 a ton or 11.00 cwt.
Total Tubing increases announced of $340 a ton or 17.00 cwt.
Total Beam increases of $225 a ton or 11.25 cwt.
Total Mini Mill (Angles, Flats, Channels, and Rounds) increases of $135 a ton or 6.75 cwt
Lead times are also an issue as mills adapt to providing types/sizes they may not have produced before.
|0||a week ago|