cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion needed

Hi Friends,

I am new to this community.

I want some suggestion from the farming experts.

what farming shoudl be done if the land is not developed (Barren) farm and also with low budget money so that we get good output. There is not much of water supply for this land.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Supriya!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Suggestion needed

It`s hard to give advice on land unless we know the climate, location, soil type, market availabilty and such.  I would say to talk to local ag businesspeople and what are your neighbors growing?  If it`s a dry area perhaps sorghum or wheat...but perhaps it`s too dry for that and only good for grazing.  But if you grow a crop, there has to be a market for it to make it worthwhile, something to consider as well.   Best of luck to you   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Yes, more information would help others to assist you, or at least assist in directing you to better information.

What is meant by 'barren'?  Is it desert? Or, is it simply uncultivated?  What type of soils -- percentage sand, clay, organic materials?

Where generally located?  In tundra?  In desert?  In arid tropics?  What country?  What elevation?

What crops/livestock are generally located in that area?  What do local farmers do, and how successful?

What plants/animals are indigenous to that area?  What naturally occurs?  What kinds of native trees?  What kinds of native grasses?

Water supply -- how much annual rainfall?  what other water sources, if any?  how reliable are the water sources?  how seasonal is the rainfall?  how deep are local wells, and is the stored water fresh or salty?

How long is the typical growing season? or is it year-round?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

No water.............. no farming......

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Nearly all locations have a local government agricutlural agency which should be competent to advise on farming.  They are the first resource to try.  After that, look online for local sources of information or discussion and investigate what is found there.

0 Kudos