cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: well smokey

Jump to solution

Good comment kraft--

And I'm gonna solution your response, because our personal health is as you say------- "You have to deal with".  

And your final few words say a mouthful. I am stretching it but this is where my mind goes reading it.----- We can't make folks go to the doctor, buy insurance, or pay for somebody elses choices.

If you do you encourage and create bad choices

Had a good friend take himself off the heart transplant list at a young age after he studied life "after the transplant".  I may not agree but I admire his decision, and I miss him.

Had a neighbor who was an RN choose not to treat after a breast cancer diagnosis.  She worked with those patients.  Never went back for treatment.  Died at home-------- It was her choice and it should be.

---------------------

As Smokey said poor health is coming for all.  If we keep embracing federal answers we will loose all choices

--------------------

Your right and I don't want to force him to go to the doctor, or pay for others that do.

Can't speak for you, kraft -----------but,  I am goin' to keep takin' mine.

IMO------Most of this discussion needs to be in the area of social services not insurance. Nationally I think we are trying to force the health insurance industry to solve a social services problem we don't have the heart to address.

you all did a great job of avoiding the discussion of "Parenting from Congress" --------------------thanks --------great info.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: Supreme Court Decision & Farming

Jump to solution

Though I agree with your comments about a third party payer system, I respectfully disagree with some of your other thoughts.  As with any health related support structure, the problem is not as simple as forcing more people to be responsible for an increasing share of the costs.  Health care companies routinely pad their charges with excessive rates, knowing that they will be cut by half or somewhere near that.   And they also use,in my opinion, unethical billing practices to collect more than their agreement with the insurance provider states.  In the last thirty years of dealing with providers and insurance companies, thanks to a family member who was born with a disorder, my experience shows there's always a way around any third provider restrictions to health costs. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Kraft, not me

Jump to solution

I don't take anything like that.  I'm still healthy, more than most people my age. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: Supreme Court Decision & Farming

Jump to solution

I know this would not be a popular tactic, but this would stop the ER visits for an aspirin and a free ambulance ride....Don't provide the service unless the person is in vital, mortal danger.  And if they persist, demand payment for the full cost, up front.  Everyone knows who milks the system, so it's not a hard thing to do. 

One thing that our current health care system should have done years ago, they should have provided a way for low cost health screening and preventative care visits, even if they were subsidized by the system.  Many communities have screening today, but that wasn't reality for many years.  Once people are in the habit of neglecting their care, it is impossible to get back to where they should be.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Kraft, not me

Jump to solution

The way it works is that the longer you can avoid taking the first medication, by maintinaing helath by other means, the fewer it seems you have to take down the road. 

It takes a mindset that there are other solutions to problems.  Too many people see a pill as a quick fix, instead of taking the route of diet, exercise, and other interventions that rarely carry side effects. 

If you sit with a medications reference book and read for a while, as I did in some of my nursing classes, it would sober you up of that notion in a heartbeat.   When the chemicals start mixing in with one another, or if a med is improperly taken, it can make a real mess of a body. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

one tiny but very important point most men don't discuss

Jump to solution

Few men are willing to talk with their doctor about health issues related to hormone levels.  Most will not discuss it, thinking it's primarily about sexual function, that aging is something all must accept and get over it....that and as you mentioned, taking that little blue pill for extra "effort".  :-)  I've done some research on testosterone and the presence or absence of adequate levels has as much to do with other physical and mental components of a man's health as it has to do with sexuality.  A man with abnormally low levels will experience increased muscle degredation and muscle/nerve pain, not to mention drastically decreased physical strength.  Mental acuity is also affected, leaving some men in a "fog" that never goes away.  Just taking a small dose of testosterone will mitigate those effects to a large extent, giving you the strength and energy level more normal for a man of that particular age.

So, if one accepts one's lot in life and does not use appropriate therapies, one can expect premature diminished mental and physical activity as a result.  This has nothing to do with sexual virility, per se, but addressing this adds to the quality of life quotient by a big margin. if the hormone numbers are abnormally low.

The down side; Doctors will tell you there is an increased risk of cancer like prostate cancer or cancer of any kind, especially if you have a genetic disposition to one type or the other. You weigh that cost with your age.  If cancer comes in twenty years and you are 65, will it really affect your quality of life at that stage?  Cost is another.  A minimum of 30-40 dollars per month, with an approved health plan, regardless whether it's Obamacare or what we've always had.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Is this what you had in mind?

Jump to solution

I think you are right.  Politicians today, particularly the GOP have become the Pharisee of our time.

It is a joke when they put their religion on the line to convince us they are good people.  They worship money and power and influence and nothing else.

They are as corrupt as the Catholic church was at one time and is approaching that chasm again.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution
Spoiler

Campaign money is just one facet of this gem of a problem of Congress and money.  Worse to me is that they have made insider trading, often using what they know about pending legislation and its likely effect on stock prices, to make or greatly grow their personal fortunes. 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

What we are witnessing  examples of    " Extreme Capitalism "  which involves a small percentage of the voting populace having the say on the political agenda due to the  " huge blocks "  of   " financial  pressure "  on the electorate  ---  maybe  a little bit of time should be spent  listening to    " Outlaws  Prayer ""   by    " Johnny  Paycheck  "    a   sobering   melody              

0 Kudos