cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Take a day to relax

This winter find a way to relax for a couple of days even if it is close to home... Stop and enjoy something you would usually drive by...  2016 was was a roller coaster and too many rides....  

Visiting with my sons today about 2017 planning.... I just came away with a couple of good thoughts........agriculture is a rough ride and may not have a safe landing.....   and ........ We will be comfortable with it.

Iceland Is The World’s Safest Country: The 2016 Global Peace Index, put together by the Institute for Economics and Peace, recently measured the safety and peacefulness of 163 countries according to “23 qualitative and quantitative indicators.”

Visited Iceland with Hobby a while back -------------- this study is nuts.......... If you think there is safety and peace living around the most active volcano's in the world, you need to read this silly foolishness.  Smiley Happy   

joking but this Index is an excellent example of why computer modeling is not science or educational....... it is just a new way to create an outcome you want to get...

0 Kudos
14 Replies
k-289
Senior Advisor

Re: Take a day to relax

Kinda  like  the '' economic index''  0r ''agri''  you name it index index ---

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

yep........

I too often blame education for the belief in computer modeling and there is too much "wow look this is cool" in academia.  But it is the politicians and press who have pushed theory into fact and C. modeling into a science...

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

In the SW ks area there is a nice little theatre in Elkhart, Ks where you can get a meal upstairs and a good "not so common movie" provided By good farmers named Mitchell who own a string of theatres in the adjoining 4 states.  I here it is a little different and a fun place to go.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Putting on my list - Elkhart Ks - small town  GOODIES   -  Grandpa  thoughts  - I know ---

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Well let me know when I'll be there....   

0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Veteran Advisor

http://www.dorictheatre.com/thelounge

"Sales tax included - skip the tip"

How can a fella pass that up!!

Some Crown and a bite to eat = doubt I would stay awake for the movie.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
ncwinn54
Frequent Contributor

Glad to see this page is formattted to fit a screen now. 

Happy New Year, Guys!

We just spent four days snowbound in our bucolic country cottage in Virginia.  Most people would give their eyeteeth to vacation where we live every day.

New heifer calf came on the coldest night EVER.  Appears to be doing fine....life is good!

sw363535
Honored Advisor

ncwinn54,

Great to hear from you again.............. and thanks....... you got the point.....intended.

It is time to notice the good around us  ......find a way to make it special for the ones you love and yourself.... especially when there is so much negativity being firehosed at us every day..  Time to show our families we are bigger than the sickness that has infected entertainment and news.

Coming out of a difficult year and struggling into the reality that politicians( winners and loosers) are not going to shut up or grow up.  And the unfortunate reality that this year might be as difficult financially as last year....... it is imperative that we live a higher standard than exhibited by those who worship politics and power.

Thanks for the new word................ bucolic .............. made my day.

0 Kudos
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

I took a five day vacation with my wife and kids and shut the cell phone off, didnt listen to any markets or news, and

really got some much needed relaxation and stress relief after a very difficult 2016. Was lucky enough to catch record

highs where I was at, and enjoyed hot tubs and swimming pools and came home refreshed and rested.

You are right....you need to stop and relax.