cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Talk Before You Die

We are in the process of redrawing our estate plan, due to our daughter's passing last year, and other changes, including flux in the tax code since the last one was written. I took the attitude of " a plan that is good enough for now" into the attorney's office, Jim. That took a ton of worries off my shoulders, to make it perfect for all time.

We are always one act of Congress away from needing to do it all over again....

If these kids can't deal with it the way it is being planned now, that is for them to deal with, as adults. We have taken the loss of one child, and the birth of what will probably be the only grandchild, into account. For now, I am trying to focus on how I want to live what time I have left on this side, rather than worrying about what will happen when I pass over. It is only stuff.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Make Winn a winner. Leave the whole shebang to him. Lol They sure are lovable at that age!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Good idea...I have a very recent video of him dancing in a mud puddle, then distracted from that joyous exercise only chasing by his pet. Kitty.  I ought to post it, but it would encourage everyone to go out a find a muddy spot to spend some time in, it looks like so much fun, and I think you guys have already had enough of that this spring. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That is the Farm Bureau line.

As it stands, farmers and small businesses are actually highly favored in terms of taxation (back in the foxhole on that one).

What I'm saying is that therre is a rational way to tax estates that is not inconsistent with the way everybody else gets taxed. And that the most unfair tax of all is the inflation tax.

0 Kudos