cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rawhide
Advisor

Thanks Cargill

This story just boggles the mind  http://www.9news.com/story/money/business/2015/12/31/meat-packing-plant-muslim-prayers/78122644/

I will leave my thoughts and comments to myself on this one.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Thanks Cargill

Evidently, Cargill tried to accommodate their employees but like the lady that refused to issue marriage licenses they ignored  the requirements of their employer. If their faith will not allow them to comply with company rules, then they need to go quietly from their position.

0 Kudos
rawhide
Advisor

I was leaning towards this angle  http://ideas.time.com/2013/09/26/we-need-to-worry-about-somali-terrorists-in-the-u-s/

Maybe you want possible terrorists in the food supply but I don't.  

0 Kudos
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Maybe all catholics ought to be banned because of misbehavior by a few.

Or gun owners ought to be punished for misbehavior of a few?

Texas passed open carry gun laws. So I WILLHAVE TO VOTE AGAINST GOING TO TEXAS. What can I do if the Texans come here to Oklahoma?

Will their football team be packing iron? Might give them an even chance in the BIG 12.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Not comparable Don, not even close....

This has been an issue in several Packing plants.

Cargill decided to not be pushed into complying with a religous organization trying to rewrite their procedures and policies.

Tell me Don, will or should the Administration step in??  Or have its Attorney General do some "pushing and shoving"??

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Isn't  the  cheap  labor  deal  a  real  bargain   -  maybe  the packers  can re - define the  word cheap --- After all look how  cheap items are at the meat counter ---

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Also  what  about  the  Kosher  Branding  - will this be pulled into the discussion ?

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

17 to 20 per hour plus isn't terribly cheap

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

$680 a week  - $34,000 / year  -  Am wondering how the work force will shape up in  Soo City when the New Plant get's rolling in 2017 - musical chairs I'm guessing ---

0 Kudos
OKdon
Senior Contributor

NO! I don't think companies should be forced to comply with religious traditions. We have freedom to accept religious philosphy or reject it. I think companies have freedom of religion as well. If chic-filet or hobby lobby wishes to make a stand on religious issues Ihave the right not to patronise them.

0 Kudos