cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k-289
Senior Advisor

Re: The Pandemic made me rich!

Divide  your  M  F   P   by  $15.oo  an  hour  and  take  it  from  there -  -  -

Plus ,  corp.'s  crying  folks  don't  &  won't  work  for  $15 -$18  while  packer  harvest  margins  are  record  high ,  get  real  on  the  river  of  tears - with  some  more  TAX  BREAK  LEGISLATION   -  maybe those  hooves  shearing  jobs  could  be  filled  or at  least ,  teach  a  class  at  the  local  land  grant,  and  get  your  degree  in  that  profession  - ?  

While  it  doesn't  appear  that  industry  is  going  off  shore  with  the  investment  nationality's  buying  out  the  red ,  white  &  blue  flag  wavers -  -  -  

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Our MFP CFAP payments can from $100`s of thousands if not millions invested ABOVE our personal  "$15/hr labor".  It sounds like had the government money not come and the higher commodity prices, there would be a flush of farm bankruptcies.  " how are you planning to dig out of your hole?"  was a very common question lenders had one year ago of their farm borrowers. 

My Wife texted "2nd flush of PPP hit the checking account, we`re rich as f...!"   I thought about it, but are we really?  I got $40K in the checkbook, everything is paid up to date, but without the PPP`s I`d have a 0 balance in the checkbook and that`s with getting the CFAP stuff and selling better than expected yields at much higher prices.   I don`t know who dreams these complicated programs up, but I do believe they averted a farm crisis.  

One aspect I like about the PPP system of handing out money was it was fair, I got $20K per slug just like Mr Bigshot down the road who`s literally 20 times larger than me.  To me and the Misses, we buy groceries, kerosine for the old A John Deere, couple new corn planter plates for the 999 and life is good.  To Mr & Mrs Bigshot $20,000 doesn`t cover the biannual inspection on their Cherokee that they use to fly back and forth from the lake cabin, they probably didn`t bother with the paperwork.

0 Kudos
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

BA, you do "get" that these wanna be limousine liberals types actually favor those big shot farmers over the yeoman types, right? They would prefer to see a soviet style 30,000 operation out there with total government control. 

Well, as long as it's not controlled by someone married to the prom queen that jilted them. 

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Red, the Libs have a real crab mentality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality  

snip

Crab mentality, also known as crab theory,[1][2][3][4][5][excessive citations] crabs in a bucket (also barrel, basket, or pot) mentality, or the crab-bucket effect,[6] is a way of thinking best described by the phrase "if I can't have it, neither can you".[7] The metaphor is derived from a pattern of behavior noted in crabs when they are trapped in a bucket. While any one crab could easily escape,[8] its efforts will be undermined by others, ensuring the group's collective demise.[9][10]

The analogy in human behavior is claimed to be that members of a group will attempt to reduce the self-confidence of any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of envy, resentment, spite, conspiracy, or competitive feelings, to halt their progress.[11][12][13][14]

0 Kudos